Supported features Events pro

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Supported features Events pro

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Moca

Hi, I’m trying to figure out if your product would work out for one of my clients who is looking for a system to manage her store booking events.

They run a party shop where they offer a 2 hour party for kids. The staff needs to get rid of the physical book where they add the upcoming parties and replace with a “digital” version.

Since I am using WP for their website, I was wondering if I could set them up with Event pro but they would need to be able to do he following:

1. when customer is ready to book a party, entry custom details about the party. These are specific attributes about 10 questions.
    2. Save party booking and able to view all upcoming parties easily
    3. It would be nice to assign a staff member to party
    4. Email event’s info to parent

Thanks,
    Moca

Rob

Hi there Moca. Thanks for the note, and for your interest in Events Calendar PRO. My apologies for the delayed response – I’m the guy who runs this forum and I’ve been out of town until today. Now that I’m back I wanted to get you the appropriate responses here.

As to the items you mentioned:

1. Frontend event submission is possible with both The Events Calendar and Events Calendar PRO, through using the Community Events add-on (https://theeventscalendar.com/wordpress-community-events/). That plugin just launched last week. At this point you cannot customize the intake form to cover specific questions but that may change down the road.
    2. Yes, site admins can always create events / save them and view all upcoming events on the site’s frontend without issue.
    3. Would the “Organizer” functionality (which allows you to enter organizer details for each event, which are then displayed on the frontend) meet your needs here? If so, this is available for both free & PRO users out of the box.
    4. The Community Events add-on I mentioned previously can send email notifications of all new submissions over to whoever the site admin specifies, but note that this only works for frontend submissions and will not be an option for events created on the backend of the site.

I believe that addresses the questions you posed. If you have any others, or of I misunderstood any of the above, please let me know and I’ll respond accordingly. Thanks again!

Lars

I am with Moca on this one. It would be extremely useful to be able to match the fields between Community Events and ECP. I have a scenario, where events could be created either way, but has the same fields. Is there a way to apply the additional fields to Community Events in the pipeline?

Cheers,
    Lars

Rob

That’s definitely on the radar, Lars. We launched Community as a fairly basic tool with an uncustomizable form just to get something out there, but we’ve got plans to allow exactly what you guys are mentioning for the release cycle over the coming months. Stay tuned and we’ll announce details on that as we solidify them internally.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Supported features Events pro’ is closed to new replies.