support for Additional Fields

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator support for Additional Fields

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Eric
    Participant

I’m not seeing that the current beta supports the import of Additional Fields. Can I please have confirmation that they will be supported in a release build for use in “Other URL Imports?”

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Eric,

Thanks for reaching out! I don’t believe that it is currently possible to import additional fields with the “Other URL” import option. Are you trying to import events into a site that is using the exact same additional fields as the source site? If not, this could be a bit tricky; the fields are created site-wide (within the settings, not on the individual events), so if the events that are being imported have fields that haven’t already been created on the site you’re importing to, they would not be included in the import.

Eric
    Participant

Hi Jennifer. I tried importing with and without the fields being created in advance on the target site, so would have to say it isn’t in the road map.

I believe that the use case is a valuable one. We have a group event calendar whereby having Additional Fields import capability could be utilized to easily customize various event listings coming in from various “Other URL” scheduled imports from participating organizations. Everyone would use the same set of Additional Fields to specify information about their event. We would then use these field values as variables for controlling the ultimate display of the event item at runtime.

I guess the next stop is to suggest the feature.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Eric,

Thanks for clarifying – I can see how this could be useful. You can definitely post this as a feature request! In the meantime, you might try using WP All Import/WP All Export if you have the exact same fields created on both sites. I understand that this might not be the optimal solution in the long run, but hopefully it can help you out for the time being!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘support for Additional Fields’ is closed to new replies.