Suddenly stopped working – 'We were unable to import your Eventbrite event.'

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Suddenly stopped working – 'We were unable to import your Eventbrite event.'

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Daniel
    Participant

I have used the import eventbrite option for dozens of events in the past.

http://www.sippingnpaintinghighland.com/events/

Went to show my client how to maintain this herself and suddenly it’s not working. I notice the links are now a different format, however the ID appears to be the same.

http://www.eventbrite.com/e/pop-daisy-tues-may-12th-600pm-35-tickets-16467077472?aff=es2
    The ID I am using is 16467077472

I have tried multiple events, I have updated the plugin to the newest version, I have verified the API is functional.

I would like to supply someone with login information to investigate this however I will need to do so privately.

Geoff

Hi there, Daniel! Thanks for getting in touch and sorry for the trouble with importing here.

Man, this is odd. I tried importing the same ID on my local setup and everything seemed to pull in correctly.

That makes me wonder if there is a conflict with the theme or another plugin. I see you noted having tried activating a default WordPress theme and deactivating other plugins. Did you notice a difference under those conditions? How about when activate a default WordPress theme (like Twenty Fifteen) and deactivating all other plugins at the same time? Does the issue still come up then?

If you would prefer, you can troubleshoot this on a fresh WordPress installation in a subdomain of your server so it doesn’t interfere with your live site.

Let’s start here and see what we find. 🙂

I would like to supply someone with login information to investigate this however I will need to do so privately.

Please note that our policy does not allow us to log into your site. We’re happy to troubleshoot this with you over the forums, but we’re unable to actively log into the back end of your site.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Daniel
    Participant

How could it be a theme or plugin interference if it was working fine before, and I have changed nothing, and now it doesn’t work?

Nevertheless, I tried it on a fresh install and it does work. I would like to try re-installing the plugin on my current site – how do I ensure all of my events are saved? There are too many to re-enter by hand.

I just updated the plugin this morning. My versions are as follows:

The Events Calendar
    Version 3.9.2

The Events Calendar PRO
    Version 3.9.3

The Events Calendar: Eventbrite Tickets
    Version 3.9.2

Geoff

Phew, that’s awesome! I’m glad this is working and the fresh install confirmed that. You know, sometimes hosting providers make silent/automatic updates on our sites without us even knowing it, so there are lots of things that could have been changing the state of things.

Your data should be perfectly safe since it is stored in the database rather than the plugin files. However, I would still advise backing up your files and database as you would with any site updates.

Do you have any other follow up questions here? Please let me know. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Daniel
    Participant

I was able to make the original site work without doing a full re-install. I believe the 4.1.2 update may have been the culprit as after I got notice that I could update to 4.2 I got notifications that there were updates available for the event calender again (the same updates I had done before?). Once I preformed those updates it began working again (?) I’m not looking a gift horse in the mouth on this one.

Geoff

Sweet, thanks for following up here! I’m right there with you–if it’s working then it’s working. 🙂

I’ll go ahead and close this thread but thanks again for reaching out and feel free to start a new thread if anything else pops up–we’d be happy to help.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Suddenly stopped working – 'We were unable to import your Eventbrite event.'’ is closed to new replies.