Subscribing to an individual event: impact on import count

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Subscribing to an individual event: impact on import count

• This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Colin Carmichael.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Colin Carmichael
    Participant

When you subscribe to an individual event (in case there are changes in the future), I assume it counts against the import limit each time it runs (daily/weekly/etc).

QUESTION: does the event automatically stop importing once the event has passed? It will be a real pain if I have to go back through my subscribed list to find events that are in the past.

Thanks!

Barry

Hi Colin,

Great question!

My understanding is that yes they do continue to import once the event has passed. The reason for this is that the event’s details – including date changes (which could see it move ‘back to the future’) – can take place even after it has been imported.

That being the case, removal of import jobs for any events you positively know to have expired would have to be done manually via the Events → Import → Scheduled Imports admin screen, I’m afraid.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Subscribing to an individual event: impact on import count’ is closed to new replies.