Subscribers Can See the Add Event And Edit Event Options

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Subscribers Can See the Add Event And Edit Event Options

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mrjarbenne
    Participant

I’m using the Community Events plugin to allow subscribers to add events. When they are using the Events menu on the Admin Bar, they are able to see both the Add Events menu and the Community: Submit Events label.

In the settings I’ve allowed submitted community events to be published, which works if they use the Community: Submit Events front end interface, but if they use the Add Events link instead, which takes them to the dashboard custom post type event editor, the publish button says Submit for Review.

I noticed I can hide the Admin Bar in the settings menu, but I have other links there I need subscribers to have access to (Buddypress menu bar for example).

Have I got things configured incorrectly? I would think that a subscriber shouldn’t see the Add Event and Edit event options.

2016 03 06 10 16 33

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for using our plugins. I can help out here.

With Community Events we usually recommended to have no admin access at all so do not have much resources on how to restrict access to admin links.

We do have this snippet that can remove the Events from the Admin Bar for all users, but the admin:

https://gist.github.com/jesseeproductions/475718b9155644e6070e

Does that get you closer to what you are trying to do?

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Subscribers Can See the Add Event And Edit Event Options’ is closed to new replies.