Subscribe

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Subscribe

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Mitchell Klijs

Hello,

Is it possible to let users of you site subscribe and unsubscribe from an event?

Thanks in advance!

Mitchell Klijs

George
    Participant

Hey Mitchell,

Thanks for reaching out to us! Can you elaborate on exactly what you mean here? What do you mean by “subscribing” to an event?

Sorry for any confusion here, I just want to make sure I fully understand your question so that we can help you out most effectively!

Cheers,
    George

Mitchell Klijs

Hello,

Users subscribe to the site.
    The users subscribe to a sport lesson. That will cost them a credit.
    If they realise that they can’t come, they unsubscribe from the event and get their credit back.
    Is this possible?

For working with credits, I thought using WooCommerce Account Funds.
    I don’t know if your ticketing system could work with credits as well?

Thanks in advance!

Mitchell Klijs

George
    Participant

Hey Mitchell,

This is unfortunately not something that our plugins themselves have support for at all – however, tickets from our plugin are default “Products” within WooCommerce, so if you have an add-on with WooCommerce that enables the functionality you’re looking for here, and treats “credits” like a normal currency, then it may work.

If not, then as far as I can tell it would unfortunately require a lot of custom coding to get this functionality working specifically with our ticketing system – let us know what you find! If you cannot get it to work, but this is essential functionality for your site, then you can email us at [email protected] for a list of great freelance developers that we recommend for custom coding projects – one of them may be able to help implement this for you.

Sorry to disappoint! Let us know what you think Mitchell.

Thanks,
    George

Mitchell Klijs

Thank you!

Is the subscribing and unsubscribing possible with the Ticket plugin?
    Can it do a refund when unsubscribing?

Thanks in advance!

Mitchell Klijs

George
    Participant

Hi Mitchell,

From my understanding about your use of the word “subscribe”, no, it is not possible.

— George

Mitchell Klijs

Hello,

Okay, is there a plugin of yours or a third-party plugin that can do the trick?

Thanks in advance!

Mitchell Klijs

George
    Participant

Hey Mitchell,

As far as I understand your use of the word “Subscribe”, no, we do not have a plugin that enables this. And I do not know of one that enables this off the top of my head.

If you want, can you clarify exactly what you mean by “Subscribe”? Can you give examples, and/or describe the behavior in detail? For example: what is the difference between a user who is “Subscribed” vs. one who is not “subscribed”?

Thanks!
    George

Mitchell Klijs

Hello,

I understand “subscribing” is the wrong word in this case (English is not my native tongue).

Every user subscribes as an user to the website (via WordPress).
    They get login details etc.

Once they login to the website, they get an overview with all upcomming events (in this case lessons). The user can view the lesson, and is it is interested in the lesson, the user can enroll to it. They pay a credit for enrolling, every time they enroll to a lesson.
    Once the user realizes he/she can’t come to the lesson, they have to be able to make the enrollment undone. If the lesson is more than 24 hours away, they get their earlier paid credit back.

I hope the situation is more clear now?

Thanks in advance!

Mitchell Klijs

George
    Participant

Hey Mitchell,

Thank you for elaborating on what you mean here – I appreciate your patience with this, and feel like I know what you mean now.

Now, there is good news and bad news.

First, the bad news:

They pay a credit for enrolling, every time they enroll to a lesson.
    Once the user realizes he/she can’t come to the lesson, they have to be able to make the enrollment undone. If the lesson is more than 24 hours away, they get their earlier paid credit back.

The credit systems and enrollments/special cancellation features you describe seem like they might be possible with your specific enrollment or eCommerce platform, but it is unfortunately not something related to The Events Calendar or its ticketing add-ons. To make it so would take extensive code customization.

The good news, however, is that you should indeed be able to have users “register” on your site and have login details, and be able to log in to see events while preventing other users from seeing the same content – this is another thing that is mostly not related to The Events Calendar itself, and is a core WordPress feature.

There are many resources online for learning how to use WordPress’ user management and registration features, like this article → http://www.wpbeginner.com/be=ginners-guide/how-to-allow-user-registration-on-your-wordpress-site/

Check out that article and search online for similar ones, let us know if it’s helpful!

Thank you for your patience Mitchell!

— George

Mitchell Klijs

Hello,

Thank you very much for the extensive support!
    I’ll see if the link you provived is a good option.

Mitchell Klijs

George
    Participant

Sounds good Mitchell. I’ll close up this ticket for now, since both the credits system and the user-registration things are not related to any of our products here directly, but if other issues arise, come back to the forums any time and open a new ticket! 🙂

Best of luck with your project,
    George

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Subscribe’ is closed to new replies.