Help Desk

Submitted event notification alerts not working

Hi, I’ve got the Events Calendar Pro running on my site, and we have the Community Events add-on so users can submit events. The problem is, though I have my email in the correct box, I do not receive email alerts when users submit events. Any ideas how to fix it?

pearlbrands,
    Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear you’re having trouble here, but hopefully I can help. Have you tried different email addresses to see if it’s something related to emails that are being sent by your server? I would suggest trying an email address with a different domain name (ex: something@gmail.com) to see if those emails go through.

You might also take a look in your spam folder to make sure they’re not accidentally getting marked as spam.

Try that and let me know if you need further help. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Hi Casey, thanks for your quick reply!
    I have tried different email addresses, one with my own domain and another with gmail, and no luck either way. The messages aren’t in my spam either.
    Any other ideas? 🙂

Our Community add-on just uses the standard wp_mail() function to send email alerts, so could you also verify that your standard WordPress emails are going through?

To test this, try going to your ‘reset password‘ page and see if you receive an email from there.

Try that and let me know what you discover. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

I reset the password and I did receive the email.
    I am starting to think this is a problem with my host and not the plugin, since when I registered a test user on the site that account never received an email with a password.

pearlbrands,
    That would be my suggestion, as I’m able to receive emails in my test environment with no issues. Reach out to their support team, and let me know if we can help further. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

I will do that, thank you very much for your help 🙂

Thanks for confirming that this got you sorted. Since it looks like you’re all set, I’m going to go ahead an close out this thread.

If you have further questions or need further help, please feel free to create a new thread.

Thanks so much! 😀

Cheers,
    Casey