Submit Event Form Page Shows a 404 Page Not Found

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Submit Event Form Page Shows a 404 Page Not Found

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan Goldford
    Participant

Hi,

We’re dealing with an issue where the submit an event form page shows a 404 sometimes, but not always. We use WP Engine and when we clear the cache the problem goes away, but the problem keeps reoccurring. Have you guys seen anything like this before? Do you have any suggestions on how to fix it?

Thanks.

robb70
    Participant

Dealing with the same issue here. Prompt suggestions (aside from trying a new theme and deactivating all the other plugins) would be greatly appreciated.
    Should we dial back to an earlier version? Add code in here somewhere?

robb70
    Participant

As it so happens, de-activating Tribe’s Community Events plugin and re-activating it restored the virtual page. Everything works fine now.

I’ve seen this issue on quite a few forums, and this (admittedly pretty simple) solution isn’t mentioned. Hopefully this works for others.

Casey
    Participant

wiredimpact,
    Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear you’re having trouble here, but hopefully I can help. Can you visit the Permalink Settings page, confirm everything there is correct and hit update? As @robb70 alluded to, that will help to refresh the rewrite rules table. With that done, see if the page is accessible as expected, and if you’re having any more 404 issues.

Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Jonathan Goldford
    Participant

Hi Casey,

Unfortunately, we tried that once before. It fixed the problem momentarily, then it came up again, just like when we clear the cache. Any other suggestions?

Jonathan

Casey
    Participant

Jonathan,
    Have you tried disabling the WPEngine caching to see if that fixes the issue? It’s possible that there’s something conflicting with the caching that you’re using. Give that a try and we can investigate further if needed. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Jonathan Goldford
    Participant

Hi Casey,

We tried that as well with no luck. We disabled their caching system which provided a temporary fix, but then the issue came up again. At that point they told us to reach out to you guys to see if you had any suggestions. They are still investigating.

Thanks.

Jonathan

Casey
    Participant

Jonathan,
    It’s always a possibility that there’s another plugin that’s conflicting or periodically modifying the WP permalink settings and causing these 404 issues. Did you notice this behavior recently, or did it happen to coincide with a recent plugin update or install? Since the issue is intermittent, it’s definitely hard to nail down, but could you try deactivating all other non-Tribe plugins and see if the issue crops back up?

Another option would be to install event rocket, which is a third-party plugin that might help eliminate some of these 404 issues you’re having.

Give those suggestions a try and let me know what you discover. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Jonathan Goldford
    Participant

Thanks Casey. Since the issue doesn’t crop up all the time and the site gets a lot of traffic, it’s impossible for us to disable all the plugins to try and find the issue.

Can you tell me a little more about event rocket, what the plugin does, and how it would be able to help?

Thanks.

Jonathan

Casey
    Participant

Jonathan,
    This is specifically the kind of situation where a dev or staging server would come in handy to troubleshoot issues like this, since I’m unable to replicate the issue locally. I highly suspect that this is being caused by a conflict with another plugin, but without being able to further test on a DEV/staging site, our ability to support and troubleshoot your issue is somewhat limited.

The event rocket plugin claims to help with 404 issues, but as it’s a third-party plugin, you’d have to reach out to the plugin developer in their support forums to find out more.

Hopefully that helps to answer your question, and please let me know if I can help further. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Jonathan Goldford
    Participant

Hi Casey,

Thanks a lot and I totally agree that it would be much easier if we could replicate the issue on a staging server. If we see the problem again we plan to copy to staging and hope the issue sticks. From there we can do testing and try to narrow down the problem.

I’ll let you know when and if that happens. Have a good one.

Jonathan

Casey
    Participant

Ok, thanks for the update. In the mean time, I’ll go ahead and leave this thread open, and you can report your findings here. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

I just wanted to follow up and see if you’re all set here or if you still have further questions. Just let me know if you have further questions or if I should go ahead and close out this thread. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Jonathan Goldford
    Participant

Hi Casey,

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. Our client’s Pro subscription ran out and we were handling the logistics of renewal.

Everything seems to be working fine at the moment. I’ll mark resolved and if something comes up in the future I’ll let you all know. Thanks for the help.

Jonathan

Casey
    Participant

Thanks Jonathan! Since you’re all set for now, I’ll go ahead and close this one out. Feel free to start a new thread if you need further help.

Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Submit Event Form Page Shows a 404 Page Not Found’ is closed to new replies.