Submit an event shortcode

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Submit an event shortcode

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Dave
    Participant

I need a way to modify the Submit an event page. I need to add some text to the beginning. Is there a shortcode? If not, can you tell me how to do this?

http://paintedrobot.ca/faithfm/events/community/add

George
    Participant

Hey Dave,

Thanks for reaching out.

There’s no way to do this via shortcode. The best options are these two:

1. You could modify template files of the plugin using the methods described in our Themer’s Guide here: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/

2. You could head to Events → Settings → Display in your wp-admin and scroll to the bottom; there you’ll find options that will let you add text above or below events content, which includes the Community Events submission page. Then you could just use CSS to hide this content on pages other than the Community Events submission page, and it should work well.

Please let me know what you think and if there are any other issues or questions I can try to help with! 😀

— George

Dave
    Participant

Is there no way I could call a page from this edit-event.php file? Or maybe
    a widget? So that I don’t have to add this directly to the php file?

Dave Kerfoot
    Team Lead
    [email protected]

*Please send your support related questions to [email protected]

George
    Participant

You can indeed make extensive customizations to the edit-event.php, including adding widgets to it, though this is not something we’ll be able to help with directly as described in more detail here.

“Calling a page” from within edit-event.php could mean many different things. If you mean redirecting to another page, that’s indeed possible. If you mean making edit-event.php use a specific theme page template, that’s not possible. If you mean loading data from another page on your site and injecting it into edit-event.php, that’s possible.

I wish you the best of luck with this tinkering. Please let me know if there are any other issues or questions I can try to help with.

— George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Submit an event shortcode’ is closed to new replies.