Submission Box is narrow and does not fit entire page

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Submission Box is narrow and does not fit entire page

• This topic has 6 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Participant

I just upgraded to Community Events 4.4.3 and I have the same issue with the fields being squeezed and not fitting the entire page. I tried adding the code suggested in the below thread to my theme’s style.css file and it did not fix the issue:
    http://enclave.la/events/community/add/

========================
    PLEASE LEAVE FOR SUPPORT
    Reporting the same issue as: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/3-not-so-nice-comments-about-paid-version-of-community-events/

Trisha

Hi Tom!

So sorry you’re having these issues since your upgrade!

Since adding the code to your theme’s style.css file didn’t work for you let’s try overriding the stylesheet for Community Events.

1. Go to your plugin folder ‘src/resources/css/‘ In that directory you will find the file ‘tribe-events-community.css‘; at the top of the file are instructions for how to override that stylesheet.
    2. Once you get the file copied over go to line 1244 and change width: 71.42857144%; to width: 100%;

That should clear the issue up for you! Let me know how it goes or if you have any other questions feel free to reply back! I’m happy to help 🙂

Cheers!
    Trisha

Tom
    Participant

This reply is private.

Tom
    Participant

Never mind! I found the file in the right directory and changed line 1244 to 100%. It did not have an effect.

Trisha

Hi Tom!

You’re getting close! In this case the plugin is using the minified stylesheet so any changes you make to the non-minified stylesheet inside the plugin directory won’t affect the layout at all.

To have this method work for you you’ll need to copy the stylesheet to your theme directory, like so:

1. Create a directory inside your theme directory and name it ‘tribe-events
    2. Create another directory inside the ‘tribe-events‘ directory and name it ‘community
    3. Make a copy of the ‘tribe-events-community.css‘ stylesheet
    4. Move the copy you just created into the ‘tribe-events/community‘ directory that you created inside your theme directory
    5. Now that the stylesheet is in it’s proper directory inside your theme you can make the change to Line 1244 and it should work as expected

Let me know how this goes or if you need any further clarification.

Cheers,
    Trisha

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Submission Box is narrow and does not fit entire page’ is closed to new replies.