Styling ticket email

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Styling ticket email

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Nicholas
    Participant

I’ve been pulling my hair out trying to get the ticket email sent to customers to look like the rest of the emails sent out by WooCommerce. It’s not inserting the header image I uploaded to the general settings or any of the styles I’ve set. Please help!

Geoff

Hi Nicholas,

Welcome to the forums and sorry for the hair-pulling frustration!

The ticket email can be found here:

/plugins/the-events-calendar/views/tickets/email.php

You can customize that file by:

• Make a copy of that file
    • Create a new folder in your theme directory called tribe-events
    • Make a new folder in that one called tickets
    • Drop your copied file in that last folder

Now that the template is in your theme, it can modified to suit your needs. In this case, you can insert the header image and replace any CSS in there with the same CSS as the rest of the WooCommerce emails. 🙂

Does this help get you started? Please let me know.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Nicholas
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

I’ve done everything you mentioned already. I see on further review that the ticket email is set up differently from the rest of the WooCommerce emails and that there’s no way around doing the modifications manually. What I’m wondering is why the ticket email doesn’t just use the default WooCommerce email styles from the front end settings? Every other WooCommerce email pulls the CSS styles from those. It’d certainly make things a lot simpler for people who don’t want to have to go through the hassle of editing the template themselves in order for it to look like all the other emails sent out from their shops.

Geoff

Hi Nicholas,

I totally hear you here and agree that merging it with WooCommerce emails would be awesome. If that’s a feature you’d like us to look into, it would great if you posted it on our feature request forum. It would be interesting to look at how we might be able to pull that off the way you’ve described it.

Do you have any other questions here related to how to customize the ticket email? Let me know and I’d be happy to help.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Nicholas
    Participant

Thanks, I’ll do that. I’m good on the styling front. Actually just chopping up the template components from the WooCommerce emails and inserting them into the ticket email template – working pretty well so far 🙂

Geoff

Nice! That’s a clever way to go about it for sure. 🙂

Thanks again for reaching out here and sorry for the manual code smushing — I do like the idea to merge the email functionality between the plugins more, so I’m looking forward to seeing that feature request come in.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Styling ticket email’ is closed to new replies.