Styling single-event.php

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Styling single-event.php

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Carl
    Participant

Hey Team,

I am trying to style my single-event.php I have the file in my child theme tribe-events folder. In order to style my event listing i have styled default-template.php and i am happy with the result, in the default-template.php i have added a custom query section a side bar and post content. Theses item is being carried forward to my single-event.php template. how can i stop this. and i would like to display related events on my single-event.php how can i achieve this ? also i would like to display a different side bar to default-template how can i solely constomise my single event which will not effect my event listing and vice versa.

Regards

George
    Participant

Hi Carl,

All of your questions here are unfortunately customization-related questions outside the scope of support we can provide here. I’ll try to offer as much insight as I can here, but the main point for all of your questions is the custom styling / coding / queries / etc. are all things you will have to take the reins on entirely. Sorry to disappoint!

I’ll try to address some of your concerns here:

i would like to display related events on my single-event.php how can i achieve this ?

This is quite complex to do with custom code, but the PRO add-on does already include a “related events” module that you can activate in Events > settings in your site admin.

also i would like to display a different side bar to default-template how can i solely constomise my single event which will not effect my event listing and vice versa.

This question and some of your others related around separating styles or PHP code from default-template.php and from the single-event templates – you can get more granular with this sort of separating than I think you’re doing at the moment, by simply breaking up your customizations across all of the various versions of single-event.php in the Plugin views.

If you haven’t already, you can study this whole system here → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/

I’m sorry to disappoint about the limitations with our support for customizations Carl, let us know if anything I provided here is helpful or if you have further questions or concerns we might be able to shed some light on.

Thank you!
    George

Carl
    Participant

Thank you very much George for your reply, I took to simple solution of using css to display content as per body class and that is working for me as of now.

In other question is there a way to completely disable Venue from the plugin ? i do not want venue option to show up while creating an event.

So is there a simple way or function of disabling venue ?

Thank you very much

Regards.

George
    Participant

Hi Carl,

Thanks for the update, I’m glad I could help despite our support policy limitations! As for your questions about completely disabling the Venues post type, this is not recommended and could cause problems with your calendar functionality that cannot be supported here on the forums. I’d recommend just using some custom Admin-facing CSS to hide the Venue-related elements from your meta boxes and such – research “adding custom CSS to wordpress admin” online if you’re not familiar with doing this.

However, if that’s not quite enough and you would like to truly remove the “Venues” post type, the simplest option is to look for this line of code in the core plugin files for the free version of The Events Calendar:

register_post_type( self::VENUE_POST_TYPE,apply_filters( 'tribe_events_register_venue_type_args', $this->postVenueTypeArgs ) );

If you remove this line of code, the Venues will not exist in the admin any longer.

Best of luck with these customizations!

– George

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Styling single-event.php’ is closed to new replies.