Styling not working

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Styling not working

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    corpassets
    Participant

Hi, I purchased WooCommerce Tickets and Events Calendar Pro, the other day after reading about the products and making sure that they would work for me.

I help run a not for profit Association and as we put together events for photographers these two products, together with Woocommerce, would have been the right fit out of the box.

However, (there always seems to be a however) I am using the wordpress theme Enfold. A very popular, well written theme by Kriesi and the long and short of it is the two plugins break the woocommerce styling on the ticketing page!

At first I thought it was my plugins conflicting so went through and switched off them all one by one but the styling problem remained. I then changed the theme to Twenty Fourteen and switched all the plugins back on and the styling came back.

An email to the support team at Kriesi (by the way these guys are phenomenal and go out of their way to help even when there are third party software issues such as plugins) suggested and I quote “it seems like the Events plugin modifies the templates somehow which also breaks the default WooCommerce styling we use for grouped product tables, cart tables, checkout tables, etc.”

They wrote some patch code for me but said it was only a work around and not the best way to go and suggested that I employ the services of a Freelance Coder to see if they can fix the issue.

Being a not for profit hiring a coder is out of the question and my coding skills are limited. My question to you is what do I do now?
    Regards

Brian
    Keymaster

Hello corpassets,

Thanks for using our products and I can certainly help you with this and try to avoid using another coder.

Thank you for taking the time to explain the steps you did to find the conflict, that helps a lot.

I am not entirely clear about what is going so if you can please answer my questions I can get back to you a solid solution.

I went to the link you provided and when you say “woocommerce styling on the ticketing page” do you mean all those black borders?

Beyond those black lines, what exactly is breaking in the styling? Can you provide a image of what it should look like?

Also, can you please provide a link to the coding patch provided?

Let me know what you find out and we can go from there.

Thanks

corpassets
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brian
    Keymaster

Thank you for the graphics and the coding that helps out.

I took a look at the source code and came up with this to add to your css or through a plugin such as Simple Custom CSS:

.single-tribe_events #tribe-events-content .tribe-events-event-meta dt {
    padding-top: 3px;
    }

.single-tribe_events table.tribe-events-tickets td {
    border-top: 1px solid #ddd;
    border-bottom: 1px solid #ddd;
    border-left: none;
    border-right: none;
    }

.single-tribe_events table.tribe-events-tickets .button {
    border:none;
    }

That will fix some of the content on different lines and remove all those black borders for the add to cart area and get it close to what you would like. As it is a css conflict there is not much more we can do with this, but if you have any questions we can help out some more.

Thanks

corpassets
    Participant

Thanks for that help. It helped. However I do have another issue. Not with styling though.
    I have an event coming up that has 5 sessions during the day. Attendees choose and pay for the sessions they want to attend. However, there is a member price and a non-member price. I could simply double up each session, one for members and one for non-members but that is a bit archaic and will stretch down the page too far.
    Is there a proper way to handle this?

Brian
    Keymaster

Right now we do not have a way to change the price based on a role such as member or non member. It is something we are working towards and in the pipeline to add to the plugin, but I do not haveĀ  timeline to give you on that feature.

For now the best way to do it is through creating a member and non member ticket for people to purchase.

Does that answer your question?

corpassets
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brian
    Keymaster

Please email us at pro(at)tri.be and we can take care of the refund.

Although we have a update in the pipeline to improve the ticketing framework and add some of the features you are asking! I do not have a timeline for it’s release.

I am going to close this ticket as the original issue was resolved.

Thanks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Styling not working’ is closed to new replies.