Styling Beyond Customizer

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Styling Beyond Customizer

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Analiese Paik
    Participant

Hi,

I used the Customizer to style my calendar page and widgets – thanks for that cool feature! I have a few things I’d still like to change and a few quirks.

1) Find Events box is missing from the search strip on Calendar page
    2) The first strip in the calendar (on the Calendar page) is black and it’s too harsh. How can I change it?
    3) Event titles in footer widget are black/grey instead of persimmon (they show persimmon on the Calendar page and mini grid sidebar widget)
    4) The mini grid sidebar widget has a background of blue to highlight the current day. How do I change that? I have it set to persimmon in the Customizer and it’s showing as that on the Calendar Page and footer. Strange that it didn’t change it here.

Some Customizer styling does not carry through to the widgets. Thanks.
    Analiese

Courtney

Hello Analiese

We’re a bit limited in helping with styling customizations, per our Scope of Support / Terms. But a few tips to help you carry this further include:

1. Please check out this Customizing WordPress #2 – Using Chrome Developers Tools YouTube video in addition to our Using Chrome Developer Tools tutorial on how to easily make changes using CSS.
    2. Typically, don’t change the theme or plugin’s css files, they will be overwritten on updates. To avoid this, follow the steps outlined in Themer’s Guide
    3. Use overriding CSS files, or add CSS to your site using Appearance » Customize » Additional CSS.
    4. Use !important before a semicolon to override every css rule. It’s a brute force method, but works for quick fixes.

I will say it is odd that your Tribe bar submit button shows only as a dropdown icon on your site. Our testing site is http://wpshindig.com/events/ to compare expected results. Can you check how this bar shows up in Twenty Seventeen https://wordpress.org/themes/twentyseventeen/ or another default theme?

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Analiese Paik
    Participant

Courtney,

Thanks for your styling guidance. We’ll have to have our developer work on it.

As for the dropdown button in the tribe bar, it is there on the Twenty Seventeen theme. Strange. Any possible explanation as to why it disappears on ours? Thanks.

Courtney

Hello Analiese

That sounds like there is some theme conflict happening.  Is your developer also the one who built your theme?  Has the theme been modified much from the original install?

Hoping you find out exactly where that theme conflict is.  It is worth asking the theme developer to take a look too.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Analiese Paik
    Participant

This reply is private.

Courtney

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Styling Beyond Customizer’ is closed to new replies.