Style the ticket box using custom templates as you see fit

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Style the ticket box using custom templates as you see fit

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Q
    Participant

I’d need some pointers how I might go about styling the ticket box – are there legal requirements about the EB logo?

I can see the function eventBriteTicket() in tribe-eventbrite.class.php – but that iframe is hard coded in there – any filters.. or hacks?

on the docs about this plugin ( https://theeventscalendar.com/wordpress-eventbrite-tickets/ ) it does state that it can be styled..

Thanks!
    Ray

Barry

Hi Ray! Although the the method you looked at (Event_Tickets_PRO::eventBriteTicket()) hard-codes in the iframe it is itself functioning as a filter and so you could do a number of different things here:

• You could filter it’s output and make changes that way
    • You could unhook it and replace it with your own filter: that way, if you know of a means by which the Eventbrite iframe is unnecessary you could put that in place

The hook in question is tribe_get_ticket_form – so you’ve got a huge amount of flexibility here, you could replace the current ticket box entirely or you could simply append and prepend new content to it.

You’ve also raised a good point about the Eventbrite Tickets product page – it could be that it’s a touch misleading since people may assume they can easily style the content contained in what turns out to be an iframe. If that’s the case we could certainly consider revising it.

Q
    Participant

thanks for the reply Barry – I will either take that on or leave it – however, it would be great again to have a simple duplicable template file to drop into the current theme – like with the main events and venues.

Barry

Sure, point taken – and you’ll be pleased to hear some significant restructuring (in terms of templates and the granularity of customizations) is in the works so stay tuned on that front.

One other thing I would highlight is that the Eventbrite ticket box is called from within single.php, albeit the syntax is a little odd:

http://pastebin.com/N85GfZs6

You can of course override single.php, so you could replace the above call with your own code or even separate it out into a new template if you wanted to do so – there’s nothing to stop you from using WordPress’s get_template_part() function here.

Just some ideas 🙂

Q
    Participant

Thanks Barry – I’m a big believer in making things easy for end users – as a developer, that’s my job – as a consumer I like to have things as easy as possible for me!

Barry

Sure! Well so there are a few options out there as outlined above.

I don’t think there is much else we can do to help at this point so I’m inclined to close this ticket – but if you do need further help please don’t hesitate to get back in touch.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Style the ticket box using custom templates as you see fit’ is closed to new replies.