string translation

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets string translation

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    edebex
    Participant

Hi,
    I need support to find a string that I need to translate and I don’t find…

I’ve edited the po files in the 3 plugins folders I’m using (the-events-calendar, events-calendar-pro and the-events-calendar-eventbrite-tickets). It works perfectly for 99% of the strings. But there is 1 string that I cannot translate : the word “free” = event ticket price. The string “Free” is translated where it appears in all the po files but remains in english on the site.
    Do you know why? Can you help me please?

See my event page
    https://edebex.com/event/la-gestion-de-tresorerie-un-facteur-essentiel-a-la-croissance-de-votre-activite-ucm-brabant-wallon/
    Screenshot with the word highlighted
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-BUT9qEm8-iTVB4QldwMU5EZVU/view?usp=drivesdk

Thanks

Nico

Hey @edebex,

Thanks for reaching out to us! I’ll help you here, but first let me say that editing the language file (.po) is not recommended as your changes will be overwritten with plugin updates. There’s a really handy plugin to do this safely: Say What?.

Now regarding the string for Free not translating there, I’m not sure why that happens. If you decide to use the above mentioned plugin it might work, if not you can use the followin snippet (just paste it in your theme (or child theme) functions.php file):

/*
    * Change the Free ticket label
    */
    function change_free_label ( $cost, $post_id, $with_currency_symbol ) {

if ( $cost == 0 || $cost == "" || $cost == "Free" ) return 'gratuit';
    }
    add_filter('tribe_get_cost', 'change_free_label', 20, 3);

Please let me knows if any of those solutions work for you,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘string translation’ is closed to new replies.