Strange Fatal Memory Error After Upgrading to 3.0.1

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Strange Fatal Memory Error After Upgrading to 3.0.1

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Hamish
    Participant

I get the following errors when I click on the following tabs:
    Events
    Help
    Settings
    Error:
    Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 94371840 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 72 bytes) in …../wp-includes/wp-db.php
    I get no errors when i click on the following links:
    Organizers
    Venues
    Event Categories
    Tags
    Add New
    I have tried to increase the amount of memory available to wordpress by using define(‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ’96M’); in the wp-config.php
    Can you please advise on how to correct this error? I cannot actually view a list of events or edit any settings from my dashboard. Thanks.

Hamish
    Participant

Just to clarify:
    -Events Calendar plugin works fine on its own; all of the above errors disappeared when I disabled the pro plugin.
    -Reactivating the plugin results in the same errors as noted above.
    -I also noticed that the layout of the events listings on the backend was all compressed

Barry

Hi Hamish,

If you expanded the memory limit and that is being used up then it might actually suggest something like an infinite loop is at work here.

Can you confirm if you have tried to replicate this with Events Calendar PRO (and The Events Calendar) still activated, but all other plugins disabled and your theme changed to a default, unmodified one such as Twenty Twelve?

Hamish
    Participant

Hi Barry,
    To try and replicate the error, I setup a test website that contained all the same plugins as well as the same theme that are on my live site. Interestingly, the error does not appear on the test site. The calendar plugin as well as the pro version all appear to be playing nice. Do you know if/how it would be possible to export all of the events currently on my live site so that I could test to see if it was anything in the events themselves, or so that I might be able to try a brand new installation of the events calendar without losing my data? Incidentally, the ‘working’ version of the events calendar on my live site throws off the formatting of the events dashboard so that many of the columns become super narrow. Thanks.

Barry

Hi Hamish,

What I’d actually recommend here, if everything is working nicely on the test site, is adding all the same plugins and then the same theme as on your production site – adding only one component at a time, testing at each stage to see if the problem has returned.

If it does return (though it may not) you should take note of whichever component, be it a plugin or your theme, triggered the behaviour.

Would that be possible here, or have you already re-established all of the same plugins and theme?

Hamish
    Participant

Thanks for the speedy reply Barry. I’ve identified that on the live site there is a conflict with Wishlist Member. Strangely, I cannot replicate the error with the test site even though Wishlist Member is installed. I’m wondering if the volume of data I have in the events calendar and/or the volume in the wishlist member plugin could be the issue? It would be preferable to export a backup of my calendar’s data and do a quick/clean reinstall of events calendar to see if I can rule out the events calendar as being the issue.

Hamish
    Participant

And sorry just as a clarification – I have installed all of the same plugins on the test site as are on the live site and cannot replicate the error on the test site.

Barry

OK, well that’s definitely sounding pretty strange.

In terms of moving data out of your current production site and into another site / back into the same site after a cleanup, you may be able to simply leverage Tools > Export (and select only event related post types, such as events, venues and organizers) – then install the WordPress import tool and re-import into the target site (after doing any cleanup work you think necessary).

Does that help?

hallahund
    Participant

Hi,

Got the same ‘fatal error’ and solved it (at least it works for now) by increasing the memory size from 64 to 128 in the “wp-config.php” file.

Was this a good thing or shouldn’t one “mess” with the memory-size? 🙂

// Mn.

Barry

Glad it worked for you – you’re completely free to do that, so long you set it to a figure that your hosting environment can reasonably tolerate (and is within any constraints that may be applicable).

The default memory_limit for PHP 5.3 is indeed 128M in any case and the main thing is that everything is operational 🙂

Since it sounds like your good @hallahund and it’s been a while without word from anyone else I’ll go ahead and close this ticket. Thanks!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Strange Fatal Memory Error After Upgrading to 3.0.1’ is closed to new replies.