Strange Double Rendering with Thesis

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Strange Double Rendering with Thesis

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    Albert
    Participant

I had a very old version of Events Calendar Pro installed on this site (Thesis 1.8 theme) that was starting to show some issues with the most recent version of WordPress. Therefore, I scrapped it and did a complete new install of Events Calendar Pro 2.0.3. I now have multiple issues. I’ll detail one in this post and wait before posting the second issue.

I think the best way to describe it is the Calendar of Events and a Single Event trying to render at the same time. To see the issue – ayso1c.org/cal/

I have fiddled with various settings in Event Calendar with no improvement.

I have run every test I can think of including disabling all plugins and still see the same issue. I also ran Debug and did not see anything of note.

Any ideas?

Rob

Hey Albert. Sorry to hear you’re having problems…that is a weird issue indeed. First suggestion would be to switch to a different template using the dropdown on Settings -> The Events Calendar, to see if one of the others there creates smoother integration. Have you already given that a shot?

Albert
    Participant

Yes. Both Twenty Eleven and Twenty Ten render the calendar just fine. Using another theme, however, just to get Events Calendar Pro to work is not an option. We have been using Thesis 1.8 on several sites, including this one, for a couple of years.

Rob

Sounds like we got this worked out per our email.

John Niernberger
    Participant

Rob, can you post the solution? I was using this solution successfully as well, but doesn’t work with 2.0:

http://www.matthodder.com/events-calendar-pro-for-thesis/

Rob

With Albert, unfortunately the solution was just that he decided to stop using the plugin.

Are you using 2.0.3 and the current build of WordPress, John? May be worth getting a dev on our end to update Matt’s tutorial for compliance if you’d be willing to share what you’ve got so far…

John Niernberger
    Participant

That would be *huge* Rob – I think a lot of people would benefit (Platform Pro users and other theme frameworks).

I’m using 2.0.3, WP 3.3.1 and Thesis 1.8.2 – just haven’t upgraded to 1.8.3 yet (it’s relatively new) but don’t see how that would affect it.

Basically my issue was I was getting an incomplete header – it wasn’t pulling custom CSS files and some other important scripts.

Please keep my updated, happy to PM you a URL…

Best,
    John

Carlos
    Participant

Very interested to see what happens with this…I’m in a similar situation
    Thanks
    C

Carlos
    Participant

Just to clarify, I’m having the same issue as Albert with the doubling. Tried selecting different page templates with no luck. Also seems that the issue only occurs on the calendar view. The event view is fine. Really need a resolution to this, have a project that needs to get launched and the calendar is a critical piece of it.

So you can see what’s happening

http://sustainableelements.ca/se/events/month/

Carlos
    Participant

Update! Looks like the old “delete all the plugins and update with the latest version” worked. Double rendering now fixed 🙂

However maybe the ECP crew could direct me to where I would find the CSS that dictates where the Event and Calendar page buttons are positioned. See http://sustainableelements.ca/se/test/ …you’ll see how the buttons stack on top of the selector.

Thesis also has a page template for “no sidebars” . I selected it in both my “Test” page (where I’m testing ECP) template selector and in the ECP settings. for some reason ECP won’t use it (Thesis uses the tempalte for other pages with no issue) and defaults to the page default (2 sidebars). If I select ECPs default page template in ECP settings, ECP uses it with no problem overriding the template chosen on the Test page. Obviously seems to be a compatibility thing between Thesis and ECP such that ECP is not recognizing Thesis’ templates. Ideas how to fix this or where/how I can hardcode the template for ECP to use ?

Rob

John: just wanted to give you a heads up that we talked this over at our scrum on Friday, and we’re going to proceed with updating the tutorial as discussed. We need to finish our Genesis one (which we’re wrapping up this week) but should jump into this next, once that has been finished.

Carlos: awesome to hear that did the trick. I’d be interested to hear if this solution works for other users. On the buttons, have you checked out grid.php to see if you can find what you’re looking for in there? Regarding your last question…that’s something we’ll have to look into when we play around with Thesis, but should be able to cover this when we update the tut.

Thanks again guys. Let me know about the points above and we can proceed from there.

Carlos
    Participant

Thanks for being on top of this guys! The grid.php file is from the batch of files to make ECP 1.X work with Thesis. I’m no longer using them, which I’ve determined is exactly the reason why ECP 2 now works for the most part in Thesis. So which f the ECP 2 .php files would I find the buttons ?

Thanks!
    C

Rob

Ah, gotcha. Thanks for confirming. Let me see if Jonah has any ideas about that last point when he hits the forum later this evening.

Nathan

Just wanted to add my $.02. I’m using thesis 1.8.3 and ECP 2.0.4. I just purchased today and installed, unaware of Matt’s fix, so I just activated ECP and got pretty good results. The only issue I’ve had so far is that ECP ignores any changes to the Events Template dropdown. Like others, I want to use the “no sidebars” template. My calendar looks funky at the moment, but I think really only b/c it’s squeezed due to the sidebars.

Searching for a solution, I downloaded Matt’s files and uploaded and got the “double rendering” that others talked about, so I just deleted those and went back to the default install, which seems to be oh-so-close to working.

The calendar is here:
    http://570writers.com/calendar/

If you come up with any fix to simply remove the sidebars, I’d love to hear it.

N

Carlos
    Participant

Thanks for the info Nathan! Sounds like you and I are in the same boat. Checked out your site (looks great btw) and it looks like you have the same issue as I do. Looking forward to a solution from the ECP guys 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 65 total)
  • The topic ‘Strange Double Rendering with Thesis’ is closed to new replies.