Strange behaviour of Stock management

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Strange behaviour of Stock management

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Niklas
    Participant

Hello,
    we are experiencing some strange behaviours in stock management using event tickets + woocommerce.
    Most of the problems we have happen in case of order that have been placed by admin in the backend.

EG:

– edit an event and add a ticket X.
    – set to 10 the stock field and save
    – now stock = 10, Woocommerce “stock qty” = 10 and total_sales = 0
    – go to order and place a new order adding 10 items of X
    – save the order

Here we have the first strange thing:
    The order is on “pending payment”, Woocommerce “stock qty” = 10, total_sales = 0, but the Event ticket “stock” field is already set to 0. So, why event tickets updates the stock value before woocommerce does?

Proceeding:
    – set the order to complete status,
    – woocommerce “stock qty” = 10 and total_sales = 10.
    – then use the option “reduce line item stock” to update the stock (woo commerce doesn’t update it automatically for orders coming from the backend)
    – now woocommerce stock qty = 0, total_sales = 10, BUT Event tickets stock = -10 (???????)

Why stock -10? This doesn’t happen when an order is placed by customers on the front-end and it is source of many problems when we try to refund orders / cancelling orders or modify again the stock amount.

Thanks.

Geoff B.

Good evening Niklas and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the stock issues you have been dealing with.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

As per the issue, you are describing, you are absolutely right. I was able to reproduce it.
    This is a legitimate bug and I have opened a ticket for it. Thank you for pointing it out to us.

What is going on is that the Product Stock number is always accurate AND reflects the order status correctly.
    But, as you pointed out, the variable used to display the remaining number of tickets in the single event view does not take into account the WooCommerce order status, thus creating a discrepancy.

Unfortunately, I cannot commit to a release date for a fix at this point. But you will be contacted as soon as there is one.

We do apologize for any inconvenience this could have caused.

In the meantime, I unfortunately do not have a workaround to offer, but if someone from our DEV team does, I will let you know ASAP.

That being said, it is less than ideal, but you could also consider taking a look at the following plugin as an alternative: http://codecanyon.net/item/shop-as-customer-for-woocommerce/7043722

Thank you for your understanding,

Geoff B.

Niklas
    Participant

Thank you Geoff,

we’re taking a look to the plugin you suggest us,
    but unfortunately is not something that can help us for the moment.

I’ve also tried different “paths” in creating the order (reduce the line item stock before/after saving the order; mark the order as completed without go through “attending payment” and other statuses), but the result is always a discrepancy between the two stock variables.

Looking forward to hear from you when a fix is available ASAP.

Regards.

Geoff B.

Hey Niklas,

Thank you for your understanding.

I thought the suggested plugin would work because it allows you to shop as a Customer. The reasoning being that this bug does not exist for orders coming from the front-end. But, it was just proposed as a way to patch things up until the bug is fixed.

I absolutely appreciate your additional efforts to find a solution on your end. But, unfortunately, the problem does not lie in the way you are placing your order.

The issue is with the way the stock gets displayed in the single events ticket section (which is inaccurate in the specific context of placing an order through the backend).

Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience. Our Dev team has received the bug and it will now undergo the complete release cycle (including tests).

You will indeed be notified as soon as the patch is available.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

George
    Participant

Hey folks,

I wanted to update this thread with some information from our developers, who’ve been taking a close look at some stock-related issues and found something interesting.

The essential takeaway from this review of stock features is this, to quote one of our developers:

We reduce the stock for pending payments to avoid the chance for over-selling a ticket product.

We take this directly from WooCommerce itself. So, at this time there is not a bug here, to the best of our knowledge and after investigating.

Want to ensure proper stock counting when placing manual orders and such? Well, as long as you mark the order “Complete” and ensure that there are NO pending payments or anything, the stock should be updated fine. Otherwise, the stock will be reduced to prevent the over-selling of ticket products.

I hope this information is helpful; if you find that even when orders ARE marked complete, and all payments are complete, stock issues persist, then open a new thread on these forums with a link back to this thread for reference.

We can continue a conversation and investigation from there.

Thank you for your patience with this!
    George

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Strange behaviour of Stock management’ is closed to new replies.