Stopping Import of Category

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Stopping Import of Category

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mryoungconntact.com
    Participant

We have a problem with th imp[ort of categories. Many calendars use wide variety of categoires – some are similar to ours others are odd ball. In any event we are bing inundated sith useless categories – that are being added to our system.

We are using the “additional Category” system to use our category but we now a manual process to clean up many events.

Can we stop Categories from being imported – aside from our “Additional Category” on an import?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi mryoungconntact.com,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

There is no built-in option to remove the categories of the events being imported with EA.

I guess it would be possible with some custom code, however, that is outside of our stated scope of support. We may be able to assist you further, but we do need to prioritize support requests from other customers at this time. I can certainly flag this with the team and – although we can’t make any promises – if we have time and space to come back and help, we’ll be happy to do so.  Please let us know if you’d like to go this route so that you can be added to this queue.

Alternatively what you can do is simply delete the unwanted event categories from Events > Event Categories. Once deleted they will also be removed from the events.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Andras

mryoungconntact.com
    Participant

We would bd interested in getting in your queue.

I will say this is a bigger issue than maybe understood. When working to
    build a larger community calendar, the addition of so many categories is
    very unwieldy, and consuming labor.

Mitchell Young
    Publisher
    Second Wind Media Ltd
    PLEASE CHANGE YOUR RECORDS

*We’ve Moved Again *

*But how could you blame us?*

*315 Front Street*

*New Haven 06513*

*On New Haven’s beautiful Quinnipiac River*

203-781-3480 x 1
    Cell 203-668-6037
    via text [email protected]

Publishers of Business New Haven,
    New Haven,
    Book of Lists CT

http://www.conntact.com
    http://www.ctcalendar.com
    http://www.newhavenmagazine.com

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Mitchell,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I will add you to the queue and when we get a chance one of our team members will take a look at it.

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Stopping Import of Category’ is closed to new replies.