Stopping an import

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Stopping an import

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Brian
    Participant

Hey guys,

I’ve been trying to successfully use the Aggregator the last several days and just haven’t been successful yet.

• Google Cal Import is going super slow for me and there’s no way for me to stop it. It’s only importing 4-5 events every 15 minutes or so. There are hundreds of events left to import.

• It’s also not importing every event. It’s been skipping several events. I’m not sure why. They’re on the calendar, but getting skipped on the import.

I’m kind of at the point where I’m done trying to use the Aggregator and I’ll just go back to putting everything in manually. Is there any way to stop an import once it starts?

Hunter

Brian,

Sorry to hear things have not been going your way. I’ve been there and know the feeling. Before giving up, would you try a few steps to see if we can get A) the import stopped and B) hopefully get the import working for every event and at a much quicker speed?

1. Backup site and database
    2. Revert back to default WordPress theme
    3. Deactivate all Tribe plugins
    4. Delete all Tribe plugins
    5. Reinstall The Events Calendar plugin
    6. Reactivate The Events Calendar plugin

Once you’ve finished these steps, revisit Events > Imports. I’d then try to reimport the events through Google Calendar, but make sure you have the default WP theme and only The Events Calendar active. We need to rule out the possibility your theme and/or another plugin is somehow causing these issues.

Please keep me updated with how things go and thank you for your patience while we work to solve the issues. Take care!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Stopping an import’ is closed to new replies.