Stop sync from WordPress to Eventbrite

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Stop sync from WordPress to Eventbrite

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Tiffany
    Participant

We are having trouble with an installation on offthehookcomedy.com where we import new events from eventbrite one by one, but do not want information changed in WordPress to sync back to Eventbrite. Currently it is changing show times in Eventbrite based on what is updated in WordPress.

I did a little searching on the forum and found the following thread on a similar vibe, but it didn’t help with the sync thus far: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/additional-editing-in-wp-of-eventbrite-event-part-3/

What steps can we take to turn the sync off?
    Thanks

Barry

Hi Tiffany,

Once you’ve imported an event you can edit then set the Leave this event associated with Eventbrite option to No — that will break the connection between them.

There’s some information about how this and other facets of how Eventbrite Tickets over in our knowledgebase:

theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/creating-tickets-and-publishing-to-eventbrite

Does that help at all?

Tiffany
    Participant

Thanks, Barry, but when you click No, it removes the entire connection to EventBrite and the ticket sales are no longer active. Not at all what I want to achieve.
    I think we may have resolved it now…just waiting to see how the tests develop. Appreciate the thoughts, though!
    Thanks again!

Barry

Ah, ok – I see what you mean – and I’m glad you’ve got something in the works to resolve it. Depending on how that works out, you may also find the following snippet useful:

add_action( 'plugins_loaded', function() {
    	if ( ! class_exists( 'Tribe__Events__Tickets__Eventbrite__Main' ) ) {
    		return;
    	}

$eventbrite = Tribe__Events__Tickets__Eventbrite__Main::instance();
    	remove_action( 'tribe_events_update_meta', array( $eventbrite, 'action_sync_event' ), 20 );
    }, 20 );

This could be added either to a custom plugin (preferred) or else to your theme’s functions.php file.

Good luck!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Stop sync from WordPress to Eventbrite’ is closed to new replies.