Stop import of category!

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Stop import of category!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Will
    Participant

Hi,

Based on the reported issue in the link below, I see there is no way not to import categories when importing events. This makes absolutely no sense. Without this feature, the aggregator plugin is completely useless to me.

Here is my (I would assume fairly common) use case: I have a community calendar that I would ideally like to import events into from other websites in the community also using events calendar. In my case there are at least 3.

Even if I schedule all 3 to import on the same schedule, that means that each time I do an import, I will get maybe 15 categories added to my events that I need to go in and delete. And if I can’t go in and delete them right away? In the meantime they’ll be showing up on my events page on the Filter bar (which I’m also paying extra for) under narrow results by event category. This renders the filter by category basically useless, not to mention extremely confusing to users, until it is cleaned up.

You alluded in the thread below to this being “custom coding” and not within the realm of normal support. On the contrary, this issue makes your premium plugins impossible to properly use together. Please fix it asap.

And if you think that what I am saying doesnt have merit, please explain. Thanks.

========================
    PLEASE LEAVE FOR SUPPORT
    Reporting the same issue as: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/stopping-import-of-category/

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. As you mentioned, we are not able to provide support for customizations like this here in the support forums. However, I can offer two different options for you in this case.

We do have a special queue for more in-depth customization requests. Unlike our support queues however, we can’t guarantee if and when we will be able to help with your request. We are currently experiencing a higher than normal amount of support threads, and so this is unlikely to be something we could get to in the near future.

The other option is that you can visit our User Voice forum and suggest this as a feature if someone hasn’t already. When a feature request gets a significant number of votes, it will be considered as an addition to the plugin.

Let me know if you would like for me to add this to the customization queue!

Thanks,
    Sky

Will
    Participant

Hi Sky, yes, considering how the lack of this feature makes it impossible to use 2 of your premium addons together as they are intended to be used (and as they are sold to be able to be used in your marketing material), I would appreciate it if this was added to the customization queue.

Thanks,
    Will

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi Will,

OK, I will add this to the queue.

Take care,
    Sky

Will
    Participant

thanks

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Stop import of category!’ is closed to new replies.