Still a translation problem

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Still a translation problem

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Marcus Stenberg
    Participant

Hi.

I have been in contact with you earlier about my translation problem in this thread: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/ampm-translation/

I have done the following steps:

A. I removed plugin language files from wp-content/languages so there wouldn’t be a conflict.

B. I downloaded new language files for events calendar, events calendar pro, community events. I updated the via poedit through new pot files.

But I still cant find where I can change some of the strings. What am I doing wrong?

I have made screenshots for the things that I cant find in translation files and I have numbered them so it can be easier for you to comment.

I know you have documentation of how to translate but that doesnt help me. Have tried and tried but these things remain.

Kindly
    Marcus

Marcus Stenberg
    Participant

And these are the language files I am struggling with.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for reaching out!

I have fired up the translation files you sent with the latest versions of our plugins. I couldn’t find ‘bokdatum’ in any of them. I guess that’s a custom name / slug for events or calendar. Where and how did you customize that?

Let’s go one by one.

Previous / Next Bokdatum

Where do you see this? Is it plainly on the photo view?

This translated well for me to “« Föregående Evenemang” and “« Föregående Evenemang
    Nästa Evenemang »”.

Bokdatum categories

This shows up on the Community Events Add page as “Evenemang Kategorier”

Create of find Plats / Arrangör

We have changed how these strings are handled. You can translate them in the-events-calendar-sv_SE.po and they look like this.

Choose file

This translated for me to “Välj bild”.

I see in your system information that some of your calendar plugins are on older versions. Please update them first and then re-check. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Still a translation problem’ is closed to new replies.