Sticky in Event List Widget??

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Sticky in Event List Widget??

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jackfd53
    Participant

This isn’t a defect…I’m trying to post a weekly newsletter as an event…it just works for me in this theme I’m stuck with at the moment…I’d like it to be visible in the widget which I can do with date range…but…then it gums up the actual calendar view itself being there all week. Any suggestions? Also is it possible to get a graphic in that widget?

Thanks.
    Jack

Brook
    Participant

Howdy jackfd53,

You could certainly post your newsletter as an event. That makes sense. Assuming you are talking about the minicalendar widget, it sounds like you have set the newsletter event to span the entire week. That is what is causing it to show up throughout the entire week in the calendar. Perhaps you could just set the newsletter event for one day each week instead,  and solve the problem?

You can not post graphics to the mincal widget by default. However, a simple modification should certainly allow for that. Does our Themer’s guide look like something you have the expertise to implement? If so, it sounds like you would want to override the pro/widgets/list-widget.php. Or, perhaps you wanted to insert a graphic into the calendar itself, in which case you would override the grid: pro/widgets/mini-calendar/grid.php. The grid can be a bit complex though. If the themer’s guide does not look like something you have the skillset to use, then you could certainly hire a dev to do it for you. We keep a list of knowledgable ones that you can obtain by emailing [email protected].

Please let me know if that helps, or if I can be of further assistance. Cheers!

– Brook

jackfd53
    Participant

What I’m trying to do…mccdc.com
    Is I get a newsletter on a Thursday…I want to keep it listed in the event list widget until the next Thursdays newsletter…if I put the date it arrives…like a 5 minute period or whatever…it’s gone from the list…I then used the whole week which didn’t work since it mugged the calendar view…my last resort is putting next thusdays date in which still looks a little confusing since next Thursdays date is viably associated with this Thursdays newsletter. Any ideas would be helpful…ideally I could create the event when it happened but keep it listed (ie the “sticky” question) until I didn’t want it visible … Typically when I’d post the next newsletter as an event…
    Ultimately, maybe I just need to abandon this approach and try something different.
    Thank you for your help…jack

Brook
    Participant

Howdy jackfd53,

I follow you now. That makes a lot of sense. It is an interesting way to use the calendar.

What you want is definitely doable, as a customization. Those sorts of changes are generally best accomplished by following our themer’s guide. A bit of PHP/CSS saavy is required, but the guide makes it as easy as possible. You would want to override “month/single-day.php”. From that file there are a few ways to accomplish what you want. You could check to see if tribe_events_title() contains the word “Newsletter”. Or, you could put all of your newsletters in a category called something like “Newsletter”, and use the function tribe_event_in_category(). Whatever method you choose, the goal is to determine if the current event is a newsletter. If it is, you could add a CSS class to hide it, or you could just not echo that event link. This will probably make a lot more sense once you have familiarized yourself with the guide.

If that last paragraph seems like greek to you, you might need to hire a developer to make this customization. We do keep a list of qualified developers on hand. If you are interested in obtaining it, please email [email protected] and request it.

Does that help you any? Does it make sense? Please let me know if I can help you further. Cheers!

– Brook

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Sticky in Event List Widget??’ is closed to new replies.