State Field Default not working

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events State Field Default not working

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Lisa Snyder
    Participant

Greetings!

I was having the same problem as this person: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/country-and-state-fields/

And we have our state set to New Jersey and our country set to United States in events > settings > default content — but on the drop down menu here New Jersey does not show up automatically: http://www.guruwebdesign.org/dnj/calendar/community/add

How can we make it show up automatically as default if the settings are not working?

Casey
    Participant

elleeyeedesign,
    Sorry to hear you’re having trouble here, but hopefully I can help. In my local environment, this functionality is currently working correctly for me (screenshot), so let’s see if we can troubleshoot further.

When you go into your ‘Default Content’ settings page, do your options look like this (screenshot)? If not, select the appropriate options and save them so that the screen looks identical to my screenshot.

If that still doesn’t solve the issue, could you try deactivating all other plugins to see if that resolves the issue? If that fixes it, then try reactivating them one-by-one to determine if another plugin is the culprit. Give that a try and let me know what you discover.

Finally, if you’re still having the same issue after those steps, try temporarily changing your theme to the default 2013 theme to see if that resolves the issue.

Give those steps a try and let me know if the issue persists. Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

-Casey-

Lisa Snyder
    Participant

Hi Casey,
    I have the same settings you do, but the live site on my side does not show the default state as NJ still. I used the twenty twelve theme and it still asks me to SELECT A STATE. I deactivated ALL plugins except for events pro and community – and it still asks me to select a state – NO GO!

Casey
    Participant

elleeyeedesign,
    So sorry that you’re having this issue. Could you send me a private reply with a login to your site, so I can investigate further? Thanks!

Lisa Snyder
    Participant

This reply is private.

Casey
    Participant

elleeyeedesign,
    Sorry, but those credentials didn’t work for me. Could you double check that what you sent is correct, and send me another private message? Thanks!

Casey
    Participant

I just wanted to follow up and see if youโ€™re all set here or if you still have further questions. Just let me know if you need further help or if I should go ahead and close out this thread. Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

-Casey-

Lisa Snyder
    Participant

This reply is private.

Casey
    Participant

elleeyeedesign,
    So sorry! I should have also told you to check this box (screenshot). I’ve fixed this on your site, so everything should be working correctly now. Please double check and verify that the issue is fixed for you now. Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

I just wanted to follow up and see if youโ€™re all set here or if you still have further questions. Just let me know if you need further help or if I should go ahead and close out this thread. Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

-Casey-

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘State Field Default not working’ is closed to new replies.