Start

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Casey
    Participant

Importing from Google:

I have an event 8/23 that should be 8:00PM-midnight.
    – It shows 7:00PM-midnight. (1 hour off start-time)

I have a recurring event starting 8/26 that should be 7:00PM-9:00PM.
    – It shows 12:00AM-9:00PM (19 hours off start-time)

I have an event 8/30 from 10:00AM-11:30AM.
    – It shows 8/29 7:00PM- 8/30 11:30AM (15 hours off start time)

Literally, the iCal importer is the reason we purchased your product.

I submitted similar issues 4 MONTHS ago. What is the deal? We have hundreds of students coming to our website looking for event information on different campuses, and it’s nonsense.

Casey
    Participant

I am going to have to disable iCal importer and fix the events manually. So you will not see the differences (hopefully) after I have made the corrections.

Nico

Hi there Casey,

Thanks for reaching out to us and sorry to hear about this issue 🙁

This is actually a bug that has been confirmed and logged this morning by reports of others users. We are really sorry for this affecting your content, and we are actively investigating the issue since it was reported. I’ve linked this thread to the bug report to communicate any news that might come up.

Downgrading the plugin iCal Importer to version 4.2.3 fixes the issue as far as we could test this. Once you downgraded the plugin you can re-import events, doing a one time import of the feed and selecting to override existing events. This should correct the dates. If you have a staging/dev site please test this with your feed before proceeding in the live site but it should correct the dates if you set the import to override existing events.

Can you please follow-up with the feed URL in a private reply? I’ll attach this info to the bug report.

Sorry once again for the hassle,
    Thanks,
    Nico

Geoff

Hey there, just a heads up that we released iCal Importer 4.2.5 moments ago and it included a fix for this issue. Please do update when you have the chance and definitely let us know if you continue to have any issues at all.

Thanks so much for reporting this and for your patience while we worked on a fix.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Start’ is closed to new replies.