Start Sale/Stop Sale Required? Stock not working.

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Start Sale/Stop Sale Required? Stock not working.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Terry
    Participant

Hi,
    Am new to WooTickets and trying to use it on a site using Genesis/Agency/Gravity Forms. Had an initial problem that WooCommerce was working fine, but following your startup instructions/tutorial couldn’t get the “tickets” portion of the events I had configured with tickets to display.
    Reverted to twenty-twelve, backed out plugins, still no luck.
    Added Start Sale/Stop Sale (before had defaulted to empty field per tut) and poof… tickets showed up. (This part is a bug report – it doesn’t seem to default as tutorial specifies).
    Understand that it’s a new plugin, here’s a problem and a comment/question….
    Now there is a problem specifying the number of tickets (stock). No problem with SKU. It doesn’t appear to be saving the stock value. After the field is changed (first time or update) doesn’t save it. After saving(both ticket and event) and returning to ticket, field is empty. So I went to check the woocommerce product. While I understand wanting to draw an interface line (to limit woocommerce inquiries), that can be somewhat hostile because they do dance together and had me headed for the door at first reading your support replies but alas took the jump… Will give it a try. (Remember that a basic purchase of a simple product works with PayPal Sandbox) Trying to trouble shoot the stock assignment, it doesn’t appear to be being set anywhere… wootickets or woocommerce. Have tried in a couple events with a couple different tickets. Would you expect that to be a custom field in woocommerce? Because it isn’t.
    Lastly, the tickets are “simple products” in woocommerce, should they be “virtual products”?
    Thank you for your help!

Barry

Now there is a problem specifying the number of tickets (stock). No problem with SKU. It doesn’t appear to be saving the stock value. After the field is changed (first time or update) doesn’t save it.

I can’t replicate this issue, but just to check we’re on the same page here these are the steps I followed:

• Created a new event and saved it
    • Made a ticket for the same event, set the inventory to 100 and saved this too (using the Save This Ticket button – not the main Update/Publish button)
    • Navigated to the actual event page itself, then back to the editor – the inventory was still at 100
    • Changed the inventory to 1000 and saved, navigated away then returned to the editor, everything seemed in order

Am I misunderstanding the problem/is there anything I could do differently to replicate this?

Terry
    Participant

Barry,
    You’ve got the problem correct. It’s a problem for me with twenty twelve and plugins removed (except woo-related) and in development environment.
    One beauty of software(argh…) is tough to replicate environments. I’ll try it again later, but is definitely a problem for me. Doesn’t matter when I enter the stock number (new event/ticket creation or edit), it does not appear to be saved and is not displayed upon reentry.

Barry

OK: when you say Woo-related plugins do you mean WooTickets + WooCommerce, or are you running other WooCommerce extensions, too? If so can you temporarily disable them?

Can you also try installing the Debug Bar and check if that yields any useful information? If you can access your server error logs that may also be useful here.

Terry
    Participant

WooTickets, The Events Calendar, THC +PRO, WooCommerce, Genesis Woo plugin.
    I’ll disable the Genesis Woo plugin and let you know what happens this afternoon.

Barry

Sure, that would be good.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Start Sale/Stop Sale Required? Stock not working.’ is closed to new replies.