Start Sale date not working in Event Tickets Plus

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Start Sale date not working in Event Tickets Plus

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    centurypixel
    Participant

I setup a ticket on a page with WooCommerce as our e-commerce provider. I have set the start and end dates for ticket sales. Tickets are set to be able to be purchased on February 26. However tickets are available for purchase now. I have had to set the Catalog visibility of the product to hidden in WooCommerce to keep it from being available to the public.

How do I get the start date to work properly?

Brook
    Participant

Howdy centurypixel,

I’m sorry for your difficulty here. I would love to help you with this.

Could you clarify one thing for me: Where are the tickets visible/purchasable? Are they visible within the WooCommerce store page, or are they available on the event page itself?

Cheers!

– Brook

centurypixel
    Participant

Tickets are available and can be purchased on the event page itself. The Event page has also been set as the WooCommerce Shop page in WooCommerce Settings.In this way if a customer clicks on the WooComerce “Return to Shop” link it returns the customer to the event page with the tickets.

Brook
    Participant

Thank you for clarifying.

That behavior is definitely not normal. I’m not sure if you have ever seen how the ticket sales dates work. Basically the form to purchase tickets is completely hidden if there are no tickets available. However the logic which hides the tickets/form is within the a theme override. So if you or your theme author created an override it is possible this feature was accidentally removed.

Could you try temporarily switching themes to TwentySixteen or another default theme? Does the issue go away? If so, switch back to your main theme and try seeing if it contains the following file: /tribe-events/wootickets/tickets.php . If so, rename it to tickets-bak.php. This will likely fix your issue, but simultaneously might change the look of your ticket purchase form when it shows up. If you’re not happy with the new look, I’d either report the issue to your theme’s author or checkout our Themer’s Guide for how to create a new override for this file. From there you can customize it to your heart’s content.

Does that all make sense? Was it a conflict with your theme?

Cheers!

– Brook

centurypixel
    Participant

Thanks for the follow-up. Issue is actually related to setting the page on which tickets are located, as the WooCommerce base shop page in the WooCommerce Settings. Results are not consistent when one does that. If I create a clean webpage with a new ticket, then the ticket sales date works fine.

There is one remaining minor issue. If a customer removes all tickets from his shopping cart, the WooCommerce “Return to Shop” button appears on the page. Clicking on the button takes the customer to the blank WooCommerce “Shop” page and not back to the ticket page.

Brook
    Participant

Oh I see. I’m happy you spotted the solution in that case.

I believe this WooCommerce tutorial is what you’re after: Modify the empty cart return URL . Mostly it’s just this snippet:

https://gist.github.com/woogist/d937a9af1a91f574a51e#file-functions-php

Did that work?

• Brook
    Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Start Sale date not working in Event Tickets Plus’ is closed to new replies.