Staging site issue

Home Forums Ticket Products Community Tickets Staging site issue

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mrozalsky
    Participant

Hello, I posted an issue back in May, about my site at fhtaz.org being built and updated on a staging areathat is no is not a .dev, etc…staging area. To work around this, Craig suggested I put license on my staging site to create my recurring events; then push to production (as he explained I don’t need the license key for the plugin to function). But I found in doing this, that the url for my events would remain that of my staging site instead of changing to fhtaz.org/permalink-here once pushed from staging to production. This is why I instead began to disable to plugin once pushed — but now I’m losing the venue pages and widgets. So now I have the license on fhtaz.org once again. However, because I often make modifications over the course of several days, it is impractical for me to work only on the production site — does this mean I need to purchase a second license and have one active on both the production and staging areas?

Is there any way around this? Thank you in advance for your kind assistance.

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Thanks for emailing support and sorry you are having issues with the links in dev from staging. This will happen whether you have a license or not so a new license will not solve the issue. One way I have seen people solve this is to use the plugin Better Search and Replace. Once you upload the staging site to production, you can use this plugin to update all of the staging links to production.

Its a third party plugin and not supported by us so use with caution. Also, make sure you do a dry run (should be checked by default) just to verify it will make changes before actually making the changes and make sure you have a backup of your database in case you need to restore it.

Thanks,
    Brendan

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Staging site issue’ is closed to new replies.