Sporting events: each event has start list url and results url.

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Sporting events: each event has start list url and results url.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Diane

I’m doing a calendar of sporting events and each event must have fields associated with it which will contain url links to the relevant pages on the venues’ websites, namely start lists, results lists, competitor info, news pages etc. Can I do this and if so how? Thanks

Stephen Page
    Keymaster

Hey Diane!

Thanks for your interest in The Events Calendar!

Events Calendar PRO allows you to add custom fields to an event, there is a tutorial on the process in the knowledgebase here.

If you have any follow-up questions feel free to ask me!

Cheers,

Stephen

Diane

Hi Stephen, thanks for the response. That’s helpful. I’ve read the tutorial but still have a couple of questions.

How many custom fields can be added?
    Can the custom fields be used to sort and/or search?

Many thanks

Diane

Stephen Page
    Keymaster

Hey Diane,

There is no limit on the number of custom fields.

I assume you mean searchable by users? I do not believe they are searchable out-of-the-box, but several search solutions (plugins) allow searching by post meta – which is where the info is stored.

I hope this helps you. If you have any more questions about this, ask away!

Cheers,

Stephen

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Sporting events: each event has start list url and results url.’ is closed to new replies.