Split payments Currency conflict

Home Forums Ticket Products Community Tickets Split payments Currency conflict

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Uroš
    Participant

Hey,

we have been testing split payments of Community Events plugin after setting everything properly. When currency of Paypal account of receiver is the same as our Site’s currency ($) everything works ok, but when receivers currency is different (for example €) there is a problem.

Because of different currencies the receiver needs to Accept the payment in his Paypal account manually.

When he accepts the payment he receives the money, but the money is not substracted from payers account and commision is not transfered to admin Paypal account. At My account page of the payer the order is recorded but in status Pending Payment with Pay, Cancel and View buttons. The order is not recorded in Admin area nor under Attendees and Sales reports of Receiver, of course since it is not paid.

If Receiver sets his Paypal account to accept payments in different currencies automaticaly there is no issue, but that means that the plugin’s functionallity depends on Receiver, which does not sound right.

What can be done so the split payments would work like they should?

Thank for assistence.

Nico

Hi Uroš,

Thanks for reaching out to us on this! I’ll try to help you here…

From what you state this sounds like a limitation in our plugin, but it might be a limitation on the PayPal side as well. I’ve pinged the developer who was in charge of implementing this particular feature to have some first-hand information rather than guesses!

I’ll keep you posted!
    Best,
    Nico

Uroš
    Participant

Hey,

would appreciate if you could inform us on status of the issue.

Thanks.

Nico

Hey Uroš,

Sorry for the delay in my update! I chatted about this issue with the developer who was in charge of this integration. It seems the problem as a whole is a limitation of how receivers are configured in PayPal but ​perhaps there’s some way we can put in alerts or something to prevent tickets from being created without the proper PayPal settings. This is definitely an oddity that should be accounted for in some way. Unfortunately there is no quick fix for this 🙁

I’ve logged this as a bug in our product backlog, and most probably this can be reviewed shortly. We are about to release a new version of the plugins, but all the code is being tested right now so it won’t make it to version 4.0 coming out shortly. I know this a bummer! If you feel this is a show stopper you can request a refund to support /at/ theeventscalendar /dot/ com, linking to this thread.

Please let me know if you can hold until a fix is out,
    Have a great weekend,
    Nico

Uroš
    Participant

Hey,

thank you for your reply. We are looking forward to fix of this bug.

Now we have another problem regarding normal split payments (no currency conflict). Payment happens and everything is OK at Paypal sandbox accounts, but the status at User account is at Pending Payment with Pay, Cancel and View buttons. The order is recorded in Admin area as pending but not at Attendees and Sales reports of Receiver.

We are surprised since we did not changed anything on the Site. When testing on 15th of November, when this topic was posted, everything worked fine when there was no currency conflict.

Uroš
    Participant

Sorry I accidentaly click Correct answer button.

Nico

Hey Uroš,

Thanks for following up once again! I’ve un-marked the “correct answer” here.

Payment happens and everything is OK at Paypal sandbox accounts, but the status at User account is at Pending Payment with Pay, Cancel and View buttons. The order is recorded in Admin area as pending but not at Attendees and Sales reports of Receiver.

So the issue here is that the payment is somehow not getting trough? The rest of the behavior is the expected as the payment is pending or do you notice any difference? If you manually complete the order from WooCommerce, does it show up in attendees and sales report?

Yeap, definitively strange thing if this was working as expected. If this behavior continues please send me detailed steps to reproduce this locally so I can check if it’s not working as expected on my end as well.

Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Split payments Currency conflict’ is closed to new replies.