Specific Facebook Event Not Importing

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Specific Facebook Event Not Importing

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Dan

Hello,
    Running ‘The Events Calendar’ 2.0.9 and ‘FB Events’ 1.0.2. I’m trying to import this event https://www.facebook.com/events/437290892989274/ but I get this error:
    ” The following errors have occurred:

Either the event with ID 437290892989274 does not exist, is marked as private on Facebook or we couldn’t reach the Facebook API
    Please note that as a result, no events were successfully imported.”

I also can not add the creator of the event to my automatic imports. The creator has a page not a profile and the event is public. Not sure what the deal is but thought I should report it and try to find out.
    Thanks.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Dan,

I’m also seeing the same thing and am not sure why it’s not working. I’m going to check with some others on the team and get back to you. Thanks for the report and your patience.

– Jonah

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Dan,

Do you have this event or your profile restricted in any other way such as 21+? We’ve had reports of similar problems where this was the case. Please let me know.

Thanks,
    Jonah

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Dan,

Any luck on getting this to work?

– Jonah

Dan

Hey Jonah sorry for the late reply. I don’t know for sure but I think that specific event could have been a 21+ because I know that it was in real life. I’ve added the page id to the automatic import list under settings but it doesn’t show up on the import Facebook Events page for whatever reason.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Dan,

If the event had a restriction like that then that could very well be why it was not importing. Also, the event can not be coming from a personal profile – it has to be from a organization or page. So that will also not work. Other events are importing though?

– Jonah

Dan

Jonah,
    Other events import fine… I may of have had some time syncing issues for some of them but I’ll have to double check. Honestly I’m more concerned with that so when I get a chance I’ll see how its all going. Thanks for the support I appreciate it.

Jonah
    Participant

Sounds good Dan. Let us know how it goes and if you run into any troubles.

Thanks,
    Jonah

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Specific Facebook Event Not Importing’ is closed to new replies.