specific customization for submission form – need help

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events specific customization for submission form – need help

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Julian
    Participant

Hi,
    I am about 90% of the way there with the customizations i want on the submission form, however i’m not sure how to do the following:

For event time & date details, REMOVE the following
    – all day event radio box
    and set the following to default
    – recurrence (would like it recur daily automatically)

For event locations details, show ONLY the following fields
    – city
    – country
    – state
    – zip

Please can you tell me the exact code in the edit-event.php or module php files to comment out?

Thank you
    Darren

Casey
    Participant

Darren,
    Thanks for reaching out! Unfortunately, we’re unable to actually provide the code for specific customizations such as this, but I can hopefully point you in the right direction. First, you’ll want to perform a template override on the Community views that you’ll need to edit. Here’s how to do this:

1. Just create the following new directory structure in your theme directory: ‘/tribe-events/community’
    2. After doing that, go to ‘wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events/views/community/’ and copy over any desired files to the new directory you created in Step 1.

In order to edit the recurrence / date information, you’ll want to override ‘modules/datepickers.php’ and remove the <tr> surrounding the ‘All day event?’ text.

In order to edit the location information/fields, you’ll want to override ‘modules/venue.php’ and remove the code that you don’t want to display.

Keep in mind that we’re unable to offer support if you encounter errors or issues due to customizations like this, but hopefully this gets you pointed in the right direction. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Julian
    Participant

Thanks Casey. I’ll have a go and come back here with an update.

Casey
    Participant

Great! Just let us know if you have further questions we can help with. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

I just wanted to follow up and see if you’re all set here or if you still have further questions. Just let me know if you have further questions or if I should go ahead and close out this thread. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

Since I haven’t heard back from you here, I’m going to go ahead and close out this thread. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘specific customization for submission form – need help’ is closed to new replies.