Sorry, key validation server is not available.

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Sorry, key validation server is not available.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Cynthia Lockley
    Participant

I’ve updated The Events Calendar to 2.0 and I’ve installed The Events Calendar Pro 2.0 and activated them. In the settings panel, I tried to enter my license key and got “Sorry, key validation server is not available.” Why is this happening?

I sent a tweet to @ModernTribeInc and was asked if I was behind a firewall or “dev-ing locally” (not sure what that means). Using Apple Airport, hard-wired to the network, no special firewalls.

I’m using an iMac OS X 10.6.8, WordPress 3.2.1 running on DreamHost, PHP 5.2.17

Plugins used: AddQuicktag, Akismet, AskApache Google 404, AVH First Defense Against Spam, Copyright, Debug Bar, Diagnosis, Eventbrite for The Events Calendar, Event Calendar, Event Calendar Widget, Events Calendar Pro, Fast Secure Contact Form, Flickr Press, Google XML Sitemaps, Jetpack by WordPress.com, Limit Login Attempts, Maintenance Mode, Obfuscate E-mail, Page Links To, Post Notification, Push up the Web for WordPress, Secure WordPress, SI CAPTCHA Anti-Spam, Sidebar Login, Simple Tags, Sociable, The Events Calendar, Translate This Language Translation Plugin, Tweet This, Twitter updater w/ zz.gd and TinyURL, WordPress Hashcash, WP-UserOnline, WP Hide Dashboard, WPJobBoard, WP Security Scan, WP Super Cache, and Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.

Thanks Cynthia,

We’ve had a few people report this, although we can’t seem to duplicate the issue. Any chance you could make us an account and email that to [email protected] for testing?

Cynthia Lockley
    Participant

OK. Done.

Jacob
    Participant

Hi there. Similar issue for me – should I create an account to send to you guys? I’m on a dedicated IP for staging (not a live URL) – does that make a difference?

Thanks!

Rob

Jacob, have you checked as to whether there are any blank spaces before or after the code? It should start & end with a number and have no empty spaces at all.

Let me know if that’s potentially your issue; if not, shoot me a note (rob at tri.be) with some backend creds and I can take a look. Doing this on a staging IP shouldn’t matter at this point.

Jacob
    Participant

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your followup. It’s actually kinda “my own darn fault” but I’ll still respond in case it’s something to look out for in the future. I failed to install Events Calendar (basic), and just zoomed right into installing my Pro version. While reading the error message closely should have told me that I needed to install the basic/free version, it didn’t register. You might make that language stronger since I really didn’t expect it – maybe others are the same (buy the premium plugin, install it, live happily ever after).

The issue was that when I clicked on the link to install the basic version from the warning message, the page didn’t load. Maybe that action is bad? Anyways hope this helps!

Best,

Jacob

Rob

Hi Jacob. Thanks for the follow-up; that’s definitely cause for concern, because if it wasn’t clear to you there are surely a number of other users who felt the same way. Let me talk to the team about clearing that up for a future release.

The point you made regarding the pop-up is definitely a legitimate one; it does just go to a dead page. My apologies about that and thank you for reporting it…we’ll make sure it gets fixed for 2.0.1.

If you need anything else, just holler.

Mariano
    Participant

This is happening to me too. What should I do?

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Mariano, do you have the base Events Calendar plugin installed?

Mariano
    Participant

Yes, I have installed both, although I initially made a mistake and installed and activited pro before the base plugin. I then deleted both and begun again the correct way. Now I’m getting the error.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Mariano, can you please email WP admin and FTP access so we can take a look? jonahcoyote [at] gmail [dot] com

Mariano
    Participant

Thanks Jonah, but I solved it already. There was a problem with my WP config file.

Rob

Ah, excellent to hear you got this figured out Mariano. If anything else comes up, please let us know!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Sorry, key validation server is not available.’ is closed to new replies.