Some questions: Shortcodes do not work, templates and other

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Some questions: Shortcodes do not work, templates and other

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Anne.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anne
    Participant

Hello,

I’m just a bit desperate. I have been trying to understand this plugin for many days. It is too complicated for me. My English is not very good. Is there somewhere German instructions? For so much money I had hoped for something, which offers uncomplicated different view options, without php …

1. Are there pre-prepared templates? Are there sample views for this?

2. I would like to create the photo view in only 2 columns on some pages. How can I do this?

3. The shortcodes do not work if I access the calendar data of a particular category on a page with another widget / plugin, while still using the mini calendar for all categories. But I do not need on all sides the sidebar, because it restricts me too much. This is all very complicated … and frustrating. I use the page builder of SiteOrigin Pro. Perhaps inconsistencies are known?

4. In the list views and the monthly calendar, I need all recurring events. That is why I did not activate the option “Show only the first event of the event series”. However, I need the representation with this option on some pages because I want to give an overview of the productions, but without the repetitions. Is there a solution for this?

I have the most recent WordPress version, Theme: North, very few other plugins. The site is still a construction site and not public.

Maybe you can help?

Best Regards,

Barry

Hi Anne,

Thank you for contacting us – though I am sorry to hear you are experiencing some difficulties.

Where possible we do try hard to stick to one issue per topic: we’ve generally found that trying to handle lots of different problems or questions in a single thread is a recipe for confusion and frustration.

However, let’s at least get started by reviewing each question in turn 🙂

1. Are there pre-prepared templates? Are there sample views for this?

Yes, there are. Each of the event views are composed of templates as can be seen on our demo site. Additionally, it is possible to override and customize them quite easily.

2. I would like to create the photo view in only 2 columns on some pages. How can I do this?

Custom CSS is probably the best way to achieve this. If you want more specific guidance, please do create a fresh support topic for this issue.

3. The shortcodes do not work if I access the calendar data of a particular category on a page with another widget / plugin, while still using the mini calendar for all categories. But I do not need on all sides the sidebar, because it restricts me too much. This is all very complicated … and frustrating. I use the page builder of SiteOrigin Pro. Perhaps inconsistencies are known?

Again, this seems like it would be best discussed in a forum topic of its own.

I don’t know of a bug such as you have described, but if you can provide some steps to replicate and link to a live example, that would help us to understand 🙂

4. In the list views and the monthly calendar, I need all recurring events. That is why I did not activate the option “Show only the first event of the event series”. However, I need the representation with this option on some pages because I want to give an overview of the productions, but without the repetitions. Is there a solution for this?

I’m afraid there is no way to achieve this without some adding some custom code to do so.

If you wish to continue discussing one of the above in more detail here in this topic, that’s completely fine. However, if you can create new forum topics for everything else that you still need help with, that would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Anne
    Participant

Ah OK thanks. I will ask my questions individually.
    Thanks.
    Best Regards

Barry

Thank you, Anne – we appreciate it 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Some questions: Shortcodes do not work, templates and other’ is closed to new replies.