Some pre sales questions about Facebook Events

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Some pre sales questions about Facebook Events

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Yoni
    Participant

Hi

A few pre sales questions about Facebook Events.

1. I see from your video that prior to import you configure which Organisations and pages to pull events from. Do I need to be affiliated to the organisation and pages or can I pull from any organisations and pages?
    2. Does it import the event image?
    3. Does it import the event description
    4. Does it import the URL of the event? Based on what some discussion on your support Forum it seems that it only displays URL of the event source. If that’s the case is there a way to customise it to pull in actual event URL?
    5. If an imported event is updated on Facebook is there a way to make it get updated on my site as well? Perhaps by importing again?

Thanks

Yoni

• This topic was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Yoni.
    George
    Participant

Hey Yoni!

I see from your video that prior to import you configure which Organisations and pages to pull events from. Do I need to be affiliated to the organisation and pages or can I pull from any organisations and pages?

You can pull from any Facebook page that is not age-restricted. Facebook does not allow API access for pages or events that are age-restricted for 18-and-older users only.

Does it import the event image?

Yes πŸ™‚

Does it import the event description

Yes πŸ™‚

Does it import the URL of the event? Based on what some discussion on your support Forum it seems that it only displays URL of the event source. If that’s the case is there a way to customise it to pull in actual event URL?

Do you mean that, once an event is imported from Facebook into WordPress, the version of the event on WordPress includes a link back to the original event on Facebook?

If an imported event is updated on Facebook is there a way to make it get updated on my site as well? Perhaps by importing again?

At this time, there is no automated way of keeping track of this. πŸ™ So you would have to manually keep track of which events get updated on Facebook; delete the original on your WordPress site; and then re-import that event from Facebook.

Cheers,
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Some pre sales questions about Facebook Events’ is closed to new replies.