Some Filterbar Questions!

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Some Filterbar Questions!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Alexander
    Participant

HI,
    I have some Filterbar questions:

1. If I chose a Main-Categorie some Sub-Categories are showing up. How can I bring the Sub-Categories into alphabetical order?

2. Is it possible to show on the Main-Categories which Sub-Categories were selected by the user? Not only in the Sub-Categories per selection hook.

3. I have two sub-categories which are not in the categories at the backend and nowwhere else on the website. Did you ever have such a problem? I want to delete the sub-categories but I can not find them.

Thank you very much.

BEst Regards,

Alex

Shelby
    Participant

Hey there Alex!

Thanks for reaching out, and I’m happy to help answer your questions! I see that a lot of your questions are about main and sub categories in filter bar. 🙂

Can you send me a link to your site’s calendar so that I can see a visual example of what you’re asking? This will help me get a fuller picture of what you’re describing and allow me to better assist you. 🙂

Thanks friend!

Shelby 🙂

Alexander
    Participant

Hi Shelby,
    here is the link to the site where the filter is http://profiwalk.de/events/categories/home/events/
    Thanks for helping me 😉
    Greets,
    Alex Gesendet: Mittwoch, 07. Juni 2017 um 17:49 Uhr

Alexander
    Participant

Hi,
    do you have a solution already?
    Greetz
    Alex Gesendet: Mittwoch, 07. Juni 2017 um 17:49 Uhr

Shelby
    Participant

Hi Alex,

Apologies for the delayed response here, I really appreciate your patience! 🙂 I’ll be responding inline to your inquires below to make sure I don’t miss anything:

1. If I chose a Main-Categorie some Sub-Categories are showing up. How can I bring the Sub-Categories into alphabetical order?

When you say if you “choose” a main Category, where are you “choosing” this from? Are you selecting sub-categories in the Filter Bar? And where do the sub categories show up exactly that you want to order alphabetically? I just need a bit more detail to help you out here. 🙂

2. Is it possible to show on the Main-Categories which Sub-Categories were selected by the user? Not only in the Sub-Categories per selection hook.

I also need a bit more clarity here. I’m not sure exactly how you’d like to to “show” things.

3. I have two sub-categories which are not in the categories at the backend and nowwhere else on the website. Did you ever have such a problem? I want to delete the sub-categories but I can not find them.

This is a very odd problem indeed, I’ve never heard of this! Are these categories that you’ve had on your site before or tags perhaps?

Let me know about these things, and we’ll move from there. 🙂

Best,

Shelby 🙂

Alexander
    Participant

HI Shelby,
    do you have some solutions for me? It´s very urgent.
    Thank You.

Alexander
    Participant

Hi Shelby,

sorry, I didn´t get that you answere. Thank you for that.

1. If you go to http://profiwalk.de/events/categories/home/events/ and choose “Eventart” there are some sub-categories showing up (“Walking”-“Nordic Walking”…). Same in the categorie “Monat”, “Distanz”… You know what I mean? I want to bring them into alphabetical order.

2. You can see what I mean in the file. If I choose a categorie it should be shown. If I choose in “Eventart” the sub-categorie “Nordic Walking” it should be shown in the filter bar.

3. I think, I had it before but I can not see the sub categories “Walking” and “5-10” in the backend elsewhere. It´s a riddle for me?!

Thank you very much for your support.

Greets Alex

Alexander
    Participant

HI Shelby,

do you have a solution for my problem. It is getting urgent.

Thank you.

Shelby
    Participant

Hi Alexander,

Apologies for the delayed response. I was out all of last week through yesterday, and it seems that this one slipped through the cracks of the coverage that was available for my existing threads.  I’ll be responding inline in italics again:

1. If you go to http://profiwalk.de/events/categories/home/events/ and choose “Eventart” there are some sub-categories showing up (“Walking”-“Nordic Walking”…). Same in the categorie “Monat”, “Distanz”… You know what I mean? I want to bring them into alphabetical order.

You should be able to use Nico’s solution from this thread to accomplish this.

2. You can see what I mean in the file. If I choose a categorie it should be shown. If I choose in “Eventart” the sub-categorie “Nordic Walking” it should be shown in the filter bar.

I see, unfortunately this would require some customization to our plugin that is beyond the scope of support here on the forums. We have some resources and guidance for making changes yourself and some resources for finding someone to help you with customizations.

3. I think, I had it before but I can not see the sub categories “Walking” and “5-10” in the backend elsewhere. It´s a riddle for me?!

Can you double check to ensure that these aren’t hiding in the tags or something? Otherwise you could try removing it manually from the database, but I’d be very very careful going this route, and definitely back everything up first.

Please let me know if you need anything else on this front. I’m happy to help. 🙂

Best,

Shelby 🙂

Alexander
    Participant

Thank you very much Shelby.

Shelby
    Participant

You’re very welcome Alexander! 🙂

Please let us know if you have any other questions about our plugins!

Best,

Shelby 🙂

Alexander
    Participant

Hi Shelby,

I still need help on Nr.1. It is not working what Nico is doing. It should go easier on a pro version to bring the categories in alpha form.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Alex

Shelby
    Participant

Hi Alex,

You may need to make some modifications to Nico’s code since its about 18 months old now. To do that, I’d suggest hiring a freelancer (link here), since the purpose of these forums is to troubleshoot issues with the latest versions of our plugins out of the box and to field bug reports.

Thank you for understanding!

Best,

Shelby

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Some Filterbar Questions!’ is closed to new replies.