Some Facebook events imported with wrong date and time, set to UTC-0

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Some Facebook events imported with wrong date and time, set to UTC-0

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Participant

Since updating from v3.x to v4.0 some Facebook events clearly in Los Angeles timezone are set to UTC-0 time and date, both on the edit screen and on the published event page. I must manually correct it by selecting Los Angeles, and then correcting the date and time.

Sample FB event showing this behavior:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1708462786107217/

Tom
    Participant

I’m a PRO user…can I get some support?

Josh
    Participant

Hey Tom,

I apologize for the delayed response. Our team is still working hard to get caught up after the holiday season.

I did a test of the event that you’ve referenced and can see that it is importing to an undesired timezone. Do you happen to be an owner of that event?

I’m curious because I did some further testing with the related events and they all imported with the proper times. I’m wondering if there is an issue with there not being an exact time being sent over since its set in Facebook sort of like an all day event and has the start time at 12:00am with no end time.

Thanks!

Tom
    Participant

Josh,

Thanks for your response! I’m not the owner and from my end, it looks like the majority of the FB events I import on a weekly basis. It’s set to: Wednesday, January 6
    at 9 PM.

I import 30-50 FB events a week and this is the first time I’ve seen this issue. About half of the events I import have only a start time and no end time.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Tom,

Thanks for following up.

Definitely strange that this is the only event that appears to be having this import issue. I’ve created an internal ticket for this issue to have a developer take a look at the event and see if there is a possible pattern or Facebook setting for events that we haven’t accounted for that could possibly be causing this issue.

Thanks!

Tom
    Participant

Here’s another FB event with a start and end time that shows the same problem:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/447982062060092/

Thankfully, it is not happening too frequently so it would be interesting to find out what is it about these particular events that cause the bug.

Tom
    Participant
    Josh
    Participant

Hey Tom,

Thanks for following up here!

I took a look at the other events that you mention here and I think I see what the issue may be. The first event had strange time set up so it was a little more difficult to see.

It looks like the timezone isn’t getting respected when importing. The events should be imported as UTC-8 however they’re getting imported as UTC+0. Causing the 8 hour difference (this event https://www.facebook.com/events/447982062060092/ for me is importing as 2:30 – 5:30am on the 20th 8 hours after the stated start time of 6:30pm on the 19th).

I’ll add this additional information in the ticket that we’ve already got created here.

Thanks!

Tom
    Participant
    Josh
    Participant

Hey Tom,

Thanks for adding this here. This will now be available when the developers are looking at this issue.

Thanks!

Yvonne Heimann
    Participant

Same issue here. 90% of the event are not importing at the right time (zone)
    In the event view it shows UTC+0
    the few that do work show UTC+7

Is there a way to force the plugin to use UTC+7 (for me) ?
    My client is ready to fire me…

Josh
    Participant

Hey Yvonne,

I’m sorry to hear that this issue is impacting you in this way. Would you mind opening a new thread so we can address your issue fully. To help expedite that thread, you can provide:

1. A link back to this thread
    2. Let us know if this is happening for all events or specific events
    3. Provide a link to an event that you’re experiencing this issue with.

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Leah

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this issue. We weren’t able to get a fix for it into our upcoming release (4.1). However, please know that the problem is still on our radar and is ticketed within our system to be addressed in a future maintenance release. We’ll do our best to keep you posted when we are able to get a solution in place. Thank you for your patience while we improve and expand our plugins.

Best,
    Leah

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Some Facebook events imported with wrong date and time, set to UTC-0’ is closed to new replies.