Some events not showing with no filters applied

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Some events not showing with no filters applied

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Frederick
    Participant

Hi,

Having a bit of trouble with the Filter Bar. I added a new event to the calendar, but it won’t show up if I just go to the event landing page (month view is our default, but it doesn’t show up anywhere) at https://pennstatehealthnews.org/events/. If I go to the filter bar (despite there being no filters selected) and hit “reset filters,” it then shows up.

The event in question is https://pennstatehealthnews.org/event/opthalmology-student-interest-group-paw-patch/2017-01-16/, which should show up on Jan. 16.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Dan

Nico

Hi there Dan,

Thanks for getting in touch with us! Let’s see what’s going on under the hood here 🙂

First of all I could confirm the issue and let me say it’s pretty weird (if you submit the filters as is it will also find the event)!

Please try the following tests to troubleshoot this (in a dev/staging environment if any):

• Try disabling FilterBar and see if the event shows up in the views
    • Try disabling the audience filter, retry. If the same behaviour is observed, try the same with the category filter
    • I’m curios about the ‘audience’ filter, which I believe is a ‘additional field’ filter, right? When I use the filter and see an event filtered by one of the ‘audience’ values, then the field is not shown in the event. Can you clarify a bit on this filter/field?

Please let me know about it,
    Best,
    Nico

Frederick
    Participant

Hi Nico,

I tried all of the suggestions, as well as disabling my custom filter and the Filter Bar at the same time. None of them made a change. What’s the easiest way to get the currently applied filters on a page? It appears whatever the “default” filters are block the event, then when the filters are actively blanked out it does show up.

EDIT: And the audience filter is using the code I described here: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/generic-function-for-adding-custom-taxonomy-to-the-filter-bar/.

But, even when I comment out the filter, it’s still a problem whether the filter bar plugin is enabled or disabled.

Thanks,
    Dan

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by Frederick. Reason: Forgot info
    Nico

Thanks for following up Dan! Very useful comments 🙂

I tried all of the suggestions, as well as disabling my custom filter and the Filter Bar at the same time.

This is pretty weird. Can you please test this with just The Events Calendar and default theme (like Tweenty Seventeen)? In this default conditions those the event show up?

Another thing I just realized is that the event in question is a recurring event, but apparently with just one date. Is there a reason for this? I mean it seems like having this event a single event would be the normal thing to do. If there’s no particular reason for this, can you try to disable the recurrence settings and make this a single even and re-test? If having this event as a recurring event makes sense to you, then please send a screnshoot of the recurrence settings and I’ll try to reproduce this.

Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Some events not showing with no filters applied’ is closed to new replies.