Some entries out by an hour

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Some entries out by an hour

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jason Thresher
    Participant

Hi Support

We have an urgent issue that got us in to some trouble last night! Some of our entries are for some strange reason all out by an hour.

The entry in the Google calendar is correct, but the entry that has been imported into Events calendar is out by an hour. The strange thing is that not all the entries are out – Just random one.

I have attached a screen shot.

Any idea on a fix please?

Many thanks
    Jason

Cliff

Hi, Jason.

Sorry you’re experiencing this.

I see the blue arrow in your screenshot is for an all day event, correct? If yes, please explain how it could be off by an hour.

Could you also please provide links to your Google Calendar .ics file and the event(s) you think did not import properly?

Thank you.

Cliff

Oh, and to be clear, I see you have iCal Importer add-on plugin active on your site. This is a retired/legacy plugin, replaced by Event Aggregator (EA). We provided you a license for it that expires the same date your iCal Importer add-on license expired.

We do not provide support for iCal Importer any longer.

Please reference https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/moving-to-event-aggregator/ if you are not using EA.

Thank you.

Cliff

Sorry for yet another reply, but I also noticed that you have a really old version of PHP.

Please reference https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/ and consider passing along to your web host. It is even recommended by WordPress to switch web hosts if they would not upgrade your version of PHP.

Just trying to help your site overall! 🙂

I’m looking forward to hearing back from you.

Jason Thresher
    Participant

Hi Cliff

Thanks for the advice. I have upgraded the server version of PHP.

I added the new license key, de activated the ical plugin but do not get the 2 notifications that you mention on this page: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/moving-to-event-aggregator/

So point 3,5 and 6 – we do not see those options.

Any idea why?

Many thanks

Cliff

Good job!

If you already deactivated the legacy iCal Importer plugin before activating EA (by entering your EA license key at wp-admin > Events > Settings > Licenses tab — there’s no separate plugin to install), you won’t see the notice in #3.

Once you have EA active, you can go to wp-admin > Events > Import and then the drop down will include more than just CSV as an option.

Do you have iCal Importer settings that you do want to import? If yes, re-activate iCal Importer and either manually move them over (copy the URLs and such) or see if the migration notice will show up for you.

Jason Thresher
    Participant

Hi Cliff

Thanks, this seems to have worked. I used the new importer to re import all entries and it has made the changes needed to match the times on the Google calendar.

Thank you for your help

Jason

Cliff

Excellent! Thanks for the update.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Some entries out by an hour’ is closed to new replies.