Some assistance sorting out the event date order on an upcoming events module

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Some assistance sorting out the event date order on an upcoming events module

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    James
    Participant

Hi there,
    Can I get some assistance sorting out an issue with the ordering of events on an upcoming events module?
    Currently the events show in what appears to be the publish date and not the event date. Also past events are showing.

The events feed is showing the actual event date but just posting in the order of the published date.

This is the code:

<?php

extract(array(
        'events' => []
    ), EXTR_SKIP);

$heading = (($heading) ? $heading : 'Member Events');
    ?>

<div class="col-xxs-12 col-xs-6 col-md-3 isotope-item">

<div class="panel panel-default module module-member-event">

<div class="panel-heading">

<a class="btn btn-default btn-sm pull-right" href="/event-listings">See All</a>
                <h3 class="panel-title"><?php echo $heading; ?></h3>

</div>

<div class="list-group" data-compare>

<?php $args = array( 'orderby' => 'date'); foreach($events as $event ): ?>

<a href="<?php echo $event['url']; ?>" class="list-group-item">
                        <?php render_template('subtitle-with-date', array('text' => $event['title'], 'date' => $event['date'])); ?>
                    </a>

<?php endforeach; ?>

</div>

</div>

</div>

I recieved this info from you guys before but I just can’t seem to make anything work:

'meta_key'               => '_EventStartDate',
    'orderby'                => array('menu_order' => 'ASC','meta_value_datetime' => 'ASC',)
    Barry

Hi James,

I’m sorry to hear you’ve experienced some difficulties. As before, I do need to highlight that the amount of support we can provide for custom code is rather limited.

Could you share the code you are using for your query in its entirety? If you haven’t already done so, can I ask if you’ve tried using tribe_get_events() for this purpose as Brian suggested in your previous thread?

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Some assistance sorting out the event date order on an upcoming events module’ is closed to new replies.