Sold out notice in month view

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Sold out notice in month view

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Luc
    Participant

Dear support,

I would like to indicate the availability of any/none tickets for an event in the event calendar. I searched your forum and found some posts and a knowledge base article concerning such notice in the list view, e.g. https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/display-sold-out-in-events-list-event-page-and-calendar/. I tried adhering to this concept, but with the Events Calendar Pro plugin there isn’t a src/views/list directory, so I get stuck early in the process.

Would you be so kind to inform me how to (1) add a notice to the month view once an event is sold out, and (2) how to change the color of the event depicted in the month view once it is sold out?

Best,
    Luc

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Luc,

I would love to help you with that.

Actually this might even be easier than you think. Nico’s instructions would work without needing any adaptation for Events Calendar Pro. Nico said you could look in ‘\wp-content\plugins\the-events-calendar\views\’ for the list folder. Even when you are running Events Calendar Pro, the list folder can still be found in the “Core” The Events Calendar plugin folder, exactly where Nico said. So you can follow Nico’s instructions on where to find things without needing to substitute or change a thing.

Knowing that, are you able to get this customization rolling? Cheers!

– Brook

Luc
    Participant

Dear Brook,

You suggest to modify the plugings/events-calendar-pro/src/views/pro/single-events.php file?
    Please advise me whether this is the file to modify to get a sold out notice in the month view.

Thank you for your help!

Luc

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Luc,

There should not be a file called that in that folder. However, if you wish to modify Month view checkout theseĀ files:

• public_html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/month.php
    • public_html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/month/single-day.php
    • public_html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/month/single-event.php

Does that make sense now? These are not in the Pro plugin folder, but as those directories show they are in the Core plugin folder “the-events-calendar”.

Cheers!

– Brook

Luc
    Participant

Dear Brook,

Sorry, you’ve got me lost.
    Would you be so kind to give me a concise summary of which files should be copied where and which snippets should go where? It’s a bit of a “take this instead of that” ^10 right now (sorry).

Many thanks and sorry for being a hassle.

Best,
    Luc

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Luc,

I definitely could do that, but I would just be retyping word for word Nico’s instructions that you linked to (click here to read them again). Have you tried following them step by step and doing exactly as he says? If so, are you getting hung up somewhere? From the sound of it you want to do exactly what he has outlined, and his instructions should get your there.

Does that make sense now?

– Brook

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Sold out notice in month view’ is closed to new replies.