Sold Out – in event list – not working, in my case

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Sold Out – in event list – not working, in my case

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    aovivo
    Participant

hi there –
    originally i was expecting ‘sold out’ to appear automatically instead of the ticket price – which is removed as tickets are sold out as basic action.
    however, i found that there is a snipped and a plug-in too to achieve that.
    this is what i did:
    1) created directory with single-event.php in themes subfolder
    2) installed woot library
    3) altered the php file as the following:

————————————————————-
    <!– Event Title –>
    <?php do_action( ‘tribe_events_before_the_event_title’ ) ?>
    <h2 class=”tribe-events-list-event-title entry-title summary”>
    ” title=”<?php the_title() ?>” rel=”bookmark”>
    <?php the_title() ?>

<?php if (woot_has_soldout()): ?> <span class=”woot_sold_out”> Sold out! </span> <?php endif ?>
    </h2>
    <?php do_action( ‘tribe_events_after_the_event_title’ ) ?>

——————————————————–

4) result: the event list is cut off and there is no ‘sold out’ in any expected place to see.
    however, i tried differect places for the snippet – the result is the same.
    as precaution i have disabled most if the plug-ins running – which are only few – nothing changes
    any ideas?

check /kurstermine/ for the event list page
    thanks in advance
    my best regards
    P.-

Barry

There’s a bug in Woot Library, unfortunately.

It hasn’t been updated for a while but of course the other three plugins – The Events Calendar, WooCommerce Tickets and WooCommerce itself have changed – so a minor correction will be required to Woot to bring it back into line.

If you’re happy to do so, try editing woot-library/woot-library.php and find this line:

add_action('plugins_loaded', 'woot_library_loader');

Change it to:

add_action('init', 'woot_library_loader', 5);

Hopefully that helps. If not please post for further help on the Woot Library forum/issue tracker – though I happened to write this as a sort of extra-curricular activity it’s not actually an official Modern Tribe plugin and we can’t I’m afraid offer further support for it here.

(…and with that in mind, I’ll go ahead and close this thread.)

Thanks – and I hope that helps!

aovivo
    Participant

Hi Barry, yes, the list appears – but still: no sold out message displayed.
    i assume its not related to Woot Library, is it?

Barry

Well, I’m not sure – you’re relying on a Woot Library function to accomplish this, though, so looking at that is probably the best starting point (and we can’t support that here, I’m afraid) 🙂

aovivo
    Participant

well – this is the way that this was described to do. I do not need to use a library if its not necessary. all i want is the ‘sold out’ to appear, as described in the event listing, when its actually sold out. so what do i exactly have to do to achieve this?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Sold Out – in event list – not working, in my case’ is closed to new replies.