Social Event Sign Up

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Social Event Sign Up

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jeremy LeRay

We are setting up a site for our sailing club and really like the Events Calendar plugin for listing our events. We need some RSVP functionality that will let members sign up that they are attending the social and also let folks know what covered dish they are bringing. Is this something that can be accomplished through add-ons, or are we going to need something different entirely?

Thank you,

Jeremy

Courtney

Hi Jeremy

For the RSVP functionality, you can actually get that for free and give it a try. Event Tickets can handle RSVP functionality.

However, to accept payments or request additional fields (covered dish), you’d need Event Tickets Plus.

If you just need to know the additional info, but not gather payments, you could ask people that have RSVP’d to complete a form, or email them requesting the additional information.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Thanks
    Courtney πŸ™‚

Jeremy LeRay

We won\’t need to accept payments, but we would like for attendees to be
    able to see what others are bringing. Is there a way to display a list of
    those that have RSVP\’d that they are attending and show that additional
    field?

J

Courtney

Sorry about that last response Jeremy. My mistake

So the additional fields functionality only comes with the Event Tickets Plus plugin. You do not need to active an ecommerce plugin for the additional fields option to display.

Thanks
    Courtney

Jeremy LeRay

OK, thank you Courtney.

I think we are getting closer. We are going to need to buy two premium plugins in order to accomplish what we need to. Calendar Pro and Tickets Plus

I believe this will be my last question. Is is possible to show a list of everyone attending an event to a logged in user? That way my hypothetical pot luck would not have two potato salads. I know that takes the luck out of it, but that’s what the organizers are looking for. They want someone planning to come to see that I am already bringing brownies so they might choose something else.

J.

Jeremy LeRay

Looks like this might be available in Tickets Plus if I use a custom template. Is this correct?

J

Courtney

Hi Jeremy

Sorry my response has taken a while. I checked in with our developers and we do have a way that you can make this work. Β It will take a little customization on your end, but not much.

Our Themer’s Guide can walk you step by step through how to override our normal plugin code with this code:

https://gist.github.com/niconerd/d2ea62be5375ae3dc088dd29b7350608

You’ll put this file at

[your-theme]/tribe-events/attendees-list.php

For this in order to work, the Event has to have ‘Hide attendee list…’ unchecked, which you wanted anyway.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Thanks
    Courtney πŸ™‚

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Social Event Sign Up’ is closed to new replies.