Slug tranlation – wpml

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Slug tranlation – wpml

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    peter savov
    Participant

We’ve followed your wpml setup docs and are unable to determine how to translate slugs for your generated pages despite haven translated these strings in the string translator and purged permalinks. Specifically:

/events/
    /events/my-events/
    /events/my-events/add
    /events/my-events/list

How can we do this?

Thanks

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi Peter,

I’m sorry you are having trouble getting translations setup properly. I’d be happy to help figure out the problem.

First, I’d like to verify the steps you have taken in setting up the plugins. Is this the process that you followed?

Have you installed and activated the WPML, WPML String Translation and WPML Translation Management plugins?

Have you enabled WPML custom slug translation in WPML > Translation Management > Multilingual Content Setup > Custom post slug translation options ?

Have you enabled the “Use different slugs for different languages for Events” checkbox and provided a alternate slug for the language you are trying to translate?

And when you say you “purged permalinks,” did you try disabling and then reenabling the WPML custom slug translation option before visiting the permalinks page?

Please let me know if you have followed these particular steps before we move forward.

Thanks,
    Sky

peter savov
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. We have followed all the steps above and had done so initially. Please view the video to see the problem.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by peter savov.
    Sky
    Keymaster

Peter,

Thank you very much for verifying that you have tried all of those steps. The video really helps.

I am going to look more in depth to see what the cause of this may be. In the meantime, can you try temporarily changing the permalink structure to “post name” (the one just above your custom structure) just to see if that makes any difference?

Thanks,
    Sky

peter savov
    Participant

I tried changing the permalink structure to “post name” and got the same result.

Sky
    Keymaster

Peter,

It turns out that there is not yet support for translating the main “events” slug. Right now only single events will have the “event” slug translated.

If you create an event, and navigate to the single event page, the url should contain your translation.

This is something that is being worked on, but unfortunately I cannot provide a timeline for when it will be added.

Thanks for your patience, and please let us know if you have any other questions or issues in the future.
    Sky

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Slug tranlation – wpml’ is closed to new replies.