Slow Website

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Slow Website

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    daanlieejlandro
    Participant

Hello,

My website is really slow, I already installed a couple of plug-ins to help with the speed but it’s still pretty slow, specially all the events and calendar in general, they take up to 14s to load. This can be pretty stressful for the visitors and to work on it. Do you have any recommendation for a better performance?

Thanks in advance.

Daniel

Barry

Hi Daniel,

Sorry you’re facing such slow load times.

Properly configured, caching can make an incredible difference (and not just page caching but object, bytecode and query caching … though depending on how much control you have over your hosting environment not all of these may be possible). Beyond that – though we’re always trying to improve performance – it often comes down to a matter of numbers and having sufficient resources.

If you have a very busy site or a site with lots of events / a very high proportion of recurring events, sometimes some extra “grunt” is required – which might entail scaling up or even moving to a quite new configuration.

It’s hard to offer definitive solutions for questions like this I’m afraid, simply because there are so many variables to consider.

Are there are any other specific questions you have on this one?

daanlieejlandro
    Participant

Hello Barry,

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it. I am gonna check into cache configurations and to see how deep can I go in that. If I have come up with any other specific concern about this, I’ll open a new thread.

Thanks

Barry

Definitely, we’ll be here if you’ve got further questions (though it’s worth pointing out that for issues like this there may not be too much we can do beyond general pointers).

Thanks – and good luck 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Slow Website’ is closed to new replies.