Slow speed on wp-admin

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Slow speed on wp-admin

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Joan
    Participant

Hi,

First of all thank you very much for a very good job. We’re developing a site based on your plugin. This morning we’ve imported 1300 venues and about 1300 organizers. No problem it worked as a charm the importer based on CSV.

But now when we tryed to list organizers or venues we have a very slow speed listing that. I’ve seach on your support and I’ve found a snipet but it doesn’t work.

add_action(‘init’, ‘tribe_allow_large_joins’);
    function tribe_allow_large_joins(){
    global $wpdb;
    $wpdb->query(‘SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1’);
    }

So I called to my hosting provider (dedicated server) and told me that there’s no problem with server configuration. Here you are a link with server graphics

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8676265/server.pdf

Can you help me please?

Barry

I’m sorry you’re experiencing difficulties.

The snippet you referenced won’t actually improve performance as such (or if it does that’s really an unintentional side effect) – instead it is to workaround a limitation sometimes applied by default in certain hosting environments.

But now when we tryed to list organizers or venues we have a very slow speed listing that.

So just to confirm, this is happening when you try to list organizers (or venues) in the admin environment? If so, can you confirm how many venues/organizers are set to display on each page? This is found in the Screen Options dropdown. Normally it should be around 20, but I was curious if it might have been adjusted?

Num of organizers/venues/events to list on one page

Joan
    Participant

Hi Barry,

First of all thank you for your quickly reply. I’m listing organizers and venues for 5 for each page.

Barry

Hmm, very strange.

We’re not doing anything special there – it’s really just a standard WordPress list table – so I’m unsure why it would be dragging so much in terms of performance.

Do you have any other plugins installed and activated and can you (tempoarily) try deactivating any that are not by Modern Tribe and additionally switch to a default, unmodified theme – does that improve things at all?

Can I also ask if you have a comparable number of posts or events, and if the admin-side lists for those post types is equally slow?

Thanks!

Joan
    Participant

I’ve WPML and I’ve deactivated all this plugins and it still being slow. Here you are a test:

WordPress Plugin Profile Report
    ===========================================
    Report date: 6 mayo, 2014
    Theme name: Petit Explorador
    Pages browsed: 1
    Avg. load time: 4.6656 sec
    Number of plugins: 30
    Plugin impact: 79.73% of load time
    Avg. plugin time: 3.7197 sec
    Avg. core time: 0.5253 sec
    Avg. theme time: 0.0455 sec
    Avg. mem usage: 333.25 MB
    Avg. ticks: 235,964
    Avg. db queries : 122.00
    Margin of error : 0.3751 sec

Plugin list:
    ===========================================
    P3 (Plugin Performance Profiler) – 0.0055 sec – 0.15%
    Adminimize – 0.2547 sec – 6.85%
    Akismet – 0.0106 sec – 0.28%
    Codi A Mida – 0.0006 sec – 0.02%
    Contact Form 7 – 0.0289 sec – 0.78%
    Cred Frontend Editor – 0.0320 sec – 0.86%
    The Events Calendar PRO – 0.0295 sec – 0.79%
    MailChimp Widget – 0.0110 sec – 0.29%
    MailChimp – 0.0086 sec – 0.23%
    Really Simple CAPTCHA – 0.0004 sec – 0.01%
    Sitepress Multilingual Cms – 0.9522 sec – 25.60%
    Taxonomy Images – 0.0135 sec – 0.36%
    The Events Calendar – 0.0570 sec – 1.53%
    Access – 0.7158 sec – 19.24%
    Types – 0.0687 sec – 1.85%
    Wangguard – 0.0156 sec – 0.42%
    Woocommerce Gateway Redsys – 0.0014 sec – 0.04%
    WooCommerce Google Analytics Integration – 0.0018 sec – 0.05%
    Woocommerce Multilingual – 0.1478 sec – 3.97%
    Woocommerce Views – 0.0054 sec – 0.15%
    WooCommerce – 0.1122 sec – 3.02%
    The Events Calendar: WooCommerce Tickets – 0.0019 sec – 0.05%
    Wordpress Seo – 0.0812 sec – 2.18%
    WP Views – 0.1302 sec – 3.50%
    WP Pro Ad System – 0.0066 sec – 0.18%
    Wpml Cms Nav – 0.0049 sec – 0.13%
    Wpml Media – 0.0065 sec – 0.18%
    Wpml String Translation – 1.0086 sec – 27.11%
    Wpml Translation Management – 0.0050 sec – 0.13%
    Empty – 0.0015 sec – 0.04%

Seems a issue from WPML

Barry

Possibly, I’m not sure why it would impact only on the organizer/venue pages though :-/

To clarify, if WPML is deactivated to things improve in this regard? I wasn’t entirely clear as you seem to think WPML is part of the problem but also said it is still slow after deactivating all other plugins.

Joan
    Participant

Barry it affects al the admin. Not only organizer/venue.
    I’ve deactivated all the wpml plugins and it loads 5 venues in 10 seconds. But when I activate this it loads on 15 seconds.
    If I deactivate all the plugins of course everything goes faster.

Barry

Barry it affects al the admin. Not only organizer/venue.

Ahh, I see – sorry I thought you initially meant that it was only the organizer and venue lists that were affected. Apologies for the confusion.

In light of what you are describing, I’m not really sure how much we are going to be able to do: it sounds essentially as if the hosting environment simply doesn’t have sufficient resources to support this site (perhaps it is also home to other sites, etc?).

Conversely, are you finding that upon deactivating The Events Calendar/Events Calendar PRO all admin pages suddenly speed up?

Joan
    Participant

I’ve deactivated event calendars plugins and is a little bit faster than before. But isn’t the problem.
    Talking about hosting resources you are wrong. Is a dedicated server with a lot of RAM (upgraded recently) and as you can see on the stats that I linked on first post everything is right.
    Here you’re the link to stats
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8676265/server.pdf.
    I still thinking that may be is an WPML issue

Barry

Sure – the stats don’t necessarily tell the whole story by themselves though.

With that said, it sounds like the problem is elsewhere and it isn’t really something where we’re going to be able to help you out. With that in mind I’ll close this thread: of course if we can help with anything else please don’t hesitate to open new threads as needed and one of the team will be only too happy to help 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Slow speed on wp-admin’ is closed to new replies.