Slow Down in WordPress Admin since 4.1 // Try to always check for upates

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Slow Down in WordPress Admin since 4.1 // Try to always check for upates

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    eightgr
    Participant

Hi!

Since WordPress 4.1, when I’m in admin and only in admin my interface is very slow because, whatever the action I try to do, the plugin is checking multiple times the version and update table information.

Here’s a dump of my debug bar each time the process takes more than 7 seconds

UPDATE wp_options SET option_value =
    'a:3:{s:9:\"user_name\";s:7:\"eightgr\";s:7:\"api_key\";s:32:\"....\";s:10:\"env_errors\";a:1:{s:18:\"max_execution_time\";s:404:\"
    Environment error: Unable to increase maximum execution time. Due to settings on your server, large themes
    may be unable to update automatically. Please consult your server administrator if this causes issues for you. Dismiss this.

\";}}'...

Geoff

Hi there, Leymarie! Thanks for getting in touch and sorry you’re hitting some trouble with the speed of the back end of your site.

If I’m understanding correctly, it sounds like you’re having an issue with the speed of your entire admin interface since updating to WordPress 4.1–is that correct?

If so, it sounds like an issue that in unrelated to The Events Calendar or the WooTickets add-on. Instead, that might be something related to your hosting account that may need to be addressed there.

Please let me know and we’ll take it from there. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

eightgr
    Participant

Hi!

the thing is I’ve disable all plugins, and reactivate all plugins one after another, test the speed each time and everything was working fine … until I activate again the event calendar + wooticket plugin

When I trace what’s happening, in the admin, WP 4.1 tries to check updates for all plugins in background, each time it loaded anything on the admin side.

It’s really weird. I can see this with the debug bar. The site runs at normal speed when not log as admin.

Any idea of what could be the cause of this ?

Geoff

Hi Leymarie–thanks for following up!

That’s certainly odd! The only time I’ve come across performance issues in the WordPress dashboard is when the site is working with an extremely large number (thousands) of events–is that the case with you as well, or do you not have that many published events?

Are you in Debug Mode when you experience the slowness? If so, definitely disable that since it will run additional processes that aren’t needed.

Another possibility is if you are using a caching plugin that needs to either be refreshed or reset.

It’s also likely that your server is bogged down and the memory needs to be increased to handle the workload.

In other words, there isn’t any one root cause I’m able to pin down because it could be due to other external factors. The fact that I’m unable to replicate this and that we haven’t seen any similar reports come in suggests that it may be server-related–that’s likely where I would suggest starting.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hey there, Leymarie! Just checking in to see if there’s been any update or if you still need assistance on this one–please let me know. 🙂

Geoff

Geoff

Hello Leymarie! This thread’s been pretty quiet the past couple of weeks, so I’m going to go ahead and close it. Please feel free to open a new thread if anything else pops up though and we’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Slow Down in WordPress Admin since 4.1 // Try to always check for upates’ is closed to new replies.