Sloving down the site and slow hovering over links

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Sloving down the site and slow hovering over links

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Gøran
    Participant

Reproduce: After a lot of customers telling me the site is slow, it lags when scrolling and when hovering over links it takes about 1-2 sec. before the “hand” comes in internet explorer, i had to dig into what this could be.

The site is http://www.karrieretroms.no/

After deactivating all plugins and reactivate them one by one i sadly concluded that it was the events calendar.

I realy dont know where in script the problem is, so i hope you could take a check as fast as possible.

The problem above only commes to life in internet explorer, i have tested the versions most of my customers use, 7, 8 and 9. The overall
    load time (in all browsers) also increase dramatically when the plugin is activated, even if it is the only plugin running.

Personaly i use Mac, and i havent notised any problems in Firefox, Safari or Chrome for Mac (except the load time).

I also have tested this with the standard WP theme and same thing happens there.

Setup: WordPress 3.4.2 | The Events Calendar 2.0.9 | Events Calendar Pro 2.0.9 | RT-Theme 14 | PHP 5.2.17 | Apache

Plugins: I have deactivated all plugins and reactivated one by one, so i have tested with only The Events Calendar (pro) running.

Thanks for any (fast) help, realy hope we could fix this, as i love your calendar plugin!

Goran, Norway

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Goran,

Sorry to hear about the issues. Have you tried viewing http://demo.tri.be/events/ for comparison? It seems to load nicely for me in IE7/8.

Let me know how it looks to you.

– Jonah

Gøran
    Participant

Hello again! Your demo works nice in explorer, thats the good news 🙂 The bad news is that our site stil slows down and lag a lot in Explorer when The event calendar (and pro) are activated.

As mentioned earlyer, this also happens when the only plugin activated is ECP and when testing with the standard WP theme.

Could please point med in some direction what to look after?

First, i shold try a clean install of WP with ECP at my host, to check if there are something with my php settings.

50% (sadly) of our users use explorer, so i have to fix this asap.

Thanks for your help!

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Goran,

Have you tried a caching plugin like WP Super Cache or W3 Total Cache?

– Jonah

Gøran
    Participant

Yes, it helps a little, but still realy slow in IE. This is strange, all other browsers works good.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Goran,

Do you have a lot of events? What hosting do you use?

– Jonah

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Sloving down the site and slow hovering over links’ is closed to new replies.